• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of my rabbits is biting the other

Ani45

New Kit
Hi lovely people

I just registered because I really need some advise for my two bunnies. One is almost 2 years old male bunny and we have just introduced another male bunny to him about 2-3 months ago. There was a lot of humping in the beginning from both sides but they settled in well. The older one is neutered and the smaller one is getting neutered soon.
I have just found a couple of wounds on the smaller rabbit which worried me alot. They get along fine and groom each other alot but sometimes I see them running and chasing each other. I have been watching them whilst doing this and up to now I thought they were only playing. Now, however I am so worried that they have been fighting. They are still very territorial , poop EVERYWHERE. My older rabbit was litter trained but since the new baby bunny came, he completely forgot his training habits.

Anyway, just wanted to hear you thoughts on this. I have to add that they live indoors, together. They are put in their cages at night but are allowed to get out of the cage all day.

Thanks,

Anita

How old is your new rabbit? - it sounds as though he has reached the stage of needing to be neutered.

Two males will be territorial and fight badly if they aren't neutered.

I would advise separating them immediately and start the bonding process again about 6 wks after he has been neutered (to give his hormones time to settle).

You will need to be very careful with the bonding - it could be difficult as they have already fought.

Back