• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsy and the Waiting Game

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Matt came home form boardgaming at a friend's house Saturday and brought some slightly older and slightly younger brambles from their very overgrown garden. He put the older brambles in the cage for Lopsy who was, as usual, superdesperate for anything not-hay. Except Lopsy had seen and probably smelt the younger brambles that weren't going in and had been left on the lawn. So he didn't touch the older brambles, just kept sniffing Matt's gloved hands, waiting for the new brambles. Matt then went down the canal to get some hawthorn and I went to make dinner. When he came back, just before he came through the gate he saw Lopsy eating the brambles, but as soon as he heard the gate Lopsy stopped and looked heartbroken and starving, knowing new stuff was coming! He's a sly bunbun...!

He goes proper mental whenever someone goes outside, unless he's asleep. And even then it only takes a few minutes for him to realise there's food in the offing and wake up enough to bounce about like a loony! He got very overexcited by grass-filled treat-tubes last night and even didn't take much notice of his treatball for a bit!

He was WORSE today: this morning, he didn't have many treats left in his ball (some are too big to get through the tiny holes I leave) so didn't chase it for long. Then I brought him an apple core (bunny-safed!) and that went in 2s flat while I managed to retrieve a tube from the other end of the run. Then I needed to reach in to get the other two with a stick, so I used one of the bramble twigs from the top of the run. One twiglet still had a bit of leaf left, so I popped it out and stuck it in front of Lopsy's nose. He ate the leafy bit, and then, presumably to show how abominably starved he was, proceeded to eat the whole twiglet, prickles and all!

Matt then went out and proceeded to pick all the hawthorn berries off the hawthorn in front of Lopsy so we think he must think we're starving him intentionally. Especially as I didn't top up his hay last night because there was already plenty!

I understand... the "HAY THING"... it totally GETS me ...the Norty Bunnies... they are like children... and we are wrapped around their little furry paws.. big beg eyes and disappointed faces... but I'm working on it..
Honestly ..they must be so well looked after to have such an attitude :roll:

Matt was out feeding him some brambles this morning: as Matt was pushing one lot in through the run roof, he left the other stem on the hatch. Lopsy stood on the wooden tunnel thing and reached for those instead! He is norty: he even got the waggly finger off me this morning for that! Though I was giggling at the time too, so I don't think it got the right effect ;P

Back