• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The adventures of Finnlay - Half Rabbit, half marmoset

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
As if I couldn't feel any more guilty about Finnlay getting on top of the house and looking out of the window all of the time.

This is what I saw this morning. He's making me feel guilty, its almost a ''look at that big garden and we aren't allowed in it...''

:(

My garden is all gravel and not bunny safe yet, we are on about getting it all done next year in the summer and having grass etc put down to make it nice for bunnies. But Finn is making me feel like a bad bunny momma. Its like when kids wait to go and play outside :roll:

As you can see I moved the house right under the window so at least when he does it he can't fall off. He's adamant about doing it so I'm just going to give in. I even have other things he can jump down onto first before jumping to the floor but he stil chooses to make the leap directly onto the floor.

If anyone's got any tips on what I can do to make it easier for him to get up and down that would be great.

Milo hasn't figured out how Finn gets up here yet :lol: he just sort of looks up at him from the floor like ''heyyyyy...''

Last edited:
Awwww he's adorable!
I think anyone would look out of a window given the opportunity so don't feel bad. He is such a lucky bunny! I feel bad mine can't free range in the garden but maybe one day both our gardens will be bunny proof and they can be even more spoilt!

Bless him! Think how happy he'll be when he finally does get out next year! It'll be worth the wait for him and he can have a cosy safe view in the meantime :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwww he's adorable!
I think anyone would look out of a window given the opportunity so don't feel bad. He is such a lucky bunny! I feel bad mine can't free range in the garden but maybe one day both our gardens will be bunny proof and they can be even more spoilt!

Its mostly the fencing panels that are unsafe in mine, they sort of warp upwards at the bottom so i'm afraid they could squeeze out. The previous owners didn't look after the garden very well. It would be a big job to get rid of all the plants too, there's also a big wall of ivy that would need pulling down.

I'm looking forward to when they can go outside. But Finn seems to really enjoy looking out of the window, who am I to stop him from doing it I guess? As long as I give him safe means to do it.

Sounds complicated and expensive. We have a hedge on one side, nothing at the back and fence with holes in it. And loads of rockery which I hate. But hopefully next year!

Sounds complicated and expensive. We have a hedge on one side, nothing at the back and fence with holes in it. And loads of rockery which I hate. But hopefully next year!

Its definitely going to be expensive, just getting the stones and gravel shifted is going to cost us a fortune. I want a bit of decking and then a large grassed area. I figured I'd have an outdoor run built along one wall so the boys can enjoy the grass in the summer! :lol:

Awwww. My quad have 24/7 access to their run but seem to spend most of their time in the shed gazing at the great outdoors.

He is so cute :love: It looks quite safe at the moment. The only thing to consider is whether the surfaces are slippery for when he is jumping up and down. I put a mat down where Storm and Mallow live. It's actually a bath mat with some non-slip matting underneath so when they jump up and down from the furniture there is no risk of them sliding and getting injured.

Scamp likes watching out the window in the day time, he pops up if a person or car goes by. He quite likes a pile of grass next to him so he can watch and graze at the same time. I don't think it's any different to a rabbit in a run watching the wider world, or us watching TV. We're probably giving them more feelings about it than they actually have :)

Scamp likes watching out the window in the day time, he pops up if a person or car goes by. He quite likes a pile of grass next to him so he can watch and graze at the same time. I don't think it's any different to a rabbit in a run watching the wider world, or us watching TV. We're probably giving them more feelings about it than they actually have :)

I'm always worried about how much space they have and how much entertainment they have etc etc...

But I know they get a LOT more than most rabbits do...Its interesting to see their little personalities developing, Finn is very independent and loves to ''do his own thing'' therefore he gets into everything and climbs up every place he can get to. Milo is very friendly and loves a bit of human attention. But neither really like being handled. Which I try to respect other than when I have to clip nails or groom tummies.

I find it adorable that he looks out of the window. I wish the top of the house was flat so he can use it as a real platform, the top of the house can't be comfortable on his feet! Might have to get a blanket for the top of it.

You could go really crazy and have a window sill/window shelf installed a little shelves/a ramp going up to it like those cat ladders :D

That's so cute! We made a window seat for ours once. They hated it though and never went on there! It was dead easy to do though - we just cut the wood and then screwed it into the windowsill:

I'd possibly be concerned about the slippery surface too. We have taken to covering bare wood with bits of carpet - we just buy individual carpet tiles and cut them to size.

So cute :love:

Like you've said, they are so lucky compared to alot of bunnies! Don't let him make you feel guilty!! :lol:

That's so cute! We made a window seat for ours once. They hated it though and never went on there! It was dead easy to do though - we just cut the wood and then screwed it into the windowsill:

I'd possibly be concerned about the slippery surface too. We have taken to covering bare wood with bits of carpet - we just buy individual carpet tiles and cut them to size.

Thats so good! I'm not sure what the OH will think but I can always ask him :lol: After all this is the bunnies permanent home now.

I feel like I want to hold his paw and walk him to school :lol:

Maybe I'm a bit broody! XD
My friend with babies says I'm like it with bunnies XD Not actually human-broody though, can't stand children!

Lopsy was really enthused by his change of scenery: we turned his hutch round so he can see the canal now: he spends a lot more time sat on his orange box thing, watching the boats go past. Before he used to crane up to see what the pigeons were doing in the oak tree :D

Have you considered putting a Gumtree ad or similar out for gravel clearance? Just say it's free to whoever can remove it :) I got some paving slabs that way and I reckon I'll ditch my other leftover slabs in the same manner (possibly here first, although I might need them yet!).

Last edited:
Back