• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting or Grooming

lloydkelly

New Kit
I have two rabbits. Dexter and Beatrice. Beatrice is a new addition and they have been getting on great. However the last couple of days they seem to be chasing and mounting each other more. Even bits of fair have been coming off, and in the mornings there are piles of it. I don't know whether they're grooming each other or fighting, they don't seem overly aggressive towards each other, and most of the time they just sit around snuggled up together. They have free run of the house and could spend the day's isolated from each other if they wanted. Is this normal? Will upload some pictures and videos. Dg

The male is neutered, the female isn't neutered yet. The male is just over a year, and female is just a bit younger.

This is how they sit around together, for hours sometimes.

However this happens too eventually. Seems like a lot of fur, but there are no bald patches on either of them.

Any feedback would be great.

Last edited:
can't view the video.

how long have they been together? depending on how long it may be a good idea to reduce their space for a while so they have to see each other all the time and their bond can grow.

mine have the house to play in too and they could go days without running into each other, so at night they are kept in their own bedroom.

i would def reduce their space if it's only been a week. even thought the bond looks like its going great because they are so new to each other and have all the space a strong bond wouldn't of formed yet. reduce their space and over the weeks ( if they are getting along) increase it. if they are left to have the whole house to themselves they will make thier own territories and become aggressive towards eachother.

Back