• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg!!! Pic added

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Put the detolf cage on Facebook as free to collect for anyone that wants it, and someone's just been asking for it so I said what are u keeping in it (just being nosy) You'll never guess what the answer was... "Baby rabbits lol" :shock: I messaged back saying it was totally unsuitable and she said they'll only be in there til thurs when they go then her brother wants it for a bearded dragon :roll: I said back why do the baby rabbits need to go in it where r they now and she said they don't we were just going to hold the cage til my brother can collect it... Really don't know what to do now, I would hate to think that anyone would put rabbits in it even for a day :shock: but then I'm never going to really know what someone does with it :( Don't know whether to trust what she says? She said now yes you're prob right it's not suitable for rabbits we prob won't use it for them...

Edited to add pic for anyone that doesn't know what the detolf is...

Last edited:
Just tell her she can't have it.

She's not making sense, she said they only want the cage as they have their own accessories (as I'm also selling some hamster things) which is why I said what r u keeping in it and now she's asking how much I wanted for 'the toys' Toys that are only suited to hamsters etc :roll: Hate things like this cos I'm too soft but don't trust her! But then if someone considers putting a rabbit in that, what will the poor rabbits be living in now? :(

Just say a family member has just asked for it so you are going to give it to them instead.

I'm 99% sure you don't, but if you lived near my parents I'd have loved it for a holiday home for Sid! :(

I'd be nervous about giving it to someone thinking rabbits might go in there, if I did I'd constantly be thinking and worrying about it after!

I'd wait until someone else comes along and says they want it :)

I'm 99% sure you don't, but if you lived near my parents I'd have loved it for a holiday home for Sid! :(

I'd be nervous about giving it to someone thinking rabbits might go in there, if I did I'd constantly be thinking and worrying about it after!

I'd wait until someone else comes along and says they want it :)

I'm in Manchester :D I'd love someone off here to have it! I don't know whether to just say I'm sorry but I'm not happy letting it go if I think there's any chance that rabbits are going to be put in there so I'm going to hang on to it. Or just ignore her messages?! I'm not that kind if person but just doesn't sit right with me. Should have thought that by offering it free I'd encourage these kind of people :( Can't do right for doing wrong :(

I'm in Manchester :D I'd love someone off here to have it! I don't know whether to just say I'm sorry but I'm not happy letting it go if I think there's any chance that rabbits are going to be put in there so I'm going to hang on to it. Or just ignore her messages?! I'm not that kind if person but just doesn't sit right with me. Should have thought that by offering it free I'd encourage these kind of people :( Can't do right for doing wrong :(

I thought you were somewhere more north than me, my parents are Buckinghamshire so no way near! :(

I'd apologise and say either that you now need to keep it, or be honest and say you don't want to give it away a risk rabbits going in it, although she might just contact you off of a different contact number/email and not mention the rabbits then!

I thought you were somewhere more north than me, my parents are Buckinghamshire so no way near! :(

I'd apologise and say either that you now need to keep it, or be honest and say you don't want to give it away a risk rabbits going in it, although she might just contact you off of a different contact number/email and not mention the rabbits then!

Yeah I wouldn't trust anyone getting in touch through Facebook now if I say no to her :lol: Would just say it's now gone.

:thumb:
I wouldn't trust anyone to have them unless I knew them.

Thought it might actually inspire someone to create something amazing for a hamster or mice or something, or would be great for reptiles but should have known better, the majority of people don't think like us :roll:

Is there a rescue nearby that you could give it to? :thumb:

I don't think it would be very practical for a rescue tbh, it's too big and fragile being mainly glass. Might be best taking it apart and someone might be able to use the glass panels. Would be great for some posh glass shelves! Wish I had somewhere to put posh glass shelves :lol:

I don't think it would be very practical for a rescue tbh, it's too big and fragile being mainly glass. Might be best taking it apart and someone might be able to use the glass panels. Would be great for some posh glass shelves! Wish I had somewhere to put posh glass shelves :lol:

I just remembered what the detolf actually looks like and now I'm really sad I don't live in Manchester :lol: it's my dream hammy home as I've told OH! I'd definitely wait to find someone you knew who'd take it so that you know it's going to be the dream home for a hammy or other small animal rather than a small cage for anything larger :)

I just remembered what the detolf actually looks like and now I'm really sad I don't live in Manchester :lol: it's my dream hammy home as I've told OH! I'd definitely wait to find someone you knew who'd take it so that you know it's going to be the dream home for a hammy or other small animal rather than a small cage for anything larger :)

Imagine putting a bunny in it :shock:

Imagine putting a bunny in it :shock:

I had a guinea dumped in my garden in a bird cage once so nothing surprises me - the cage was about 12 inches in length and really tall too :shock:

Are there any hammie forums you could advertise it on?

I'd advertise it on hamster/mouse forums as well. That way you're doing something really nice for someone and can be confident it's going to be used appropriately.

I had a guinea dumped in my garden in a bird cage once so nothing surprises me - the cage was about 12 inches in length and really tall too :shock:

Are there any hammie forums you could advertise it on?

May have just been put in it to be transported tho? (And dumped :cry:) Poor thing:(

I'd advertise it on hamster/mouse forums as well. That way you're doing something really nice for someone and can be confident it's going to be used appropriately.

Yeah I might do but I might want to use the mesh lids now for something for the bunnies!

Back