• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Daisy and Gatsby eat grass?

Katex

Warren Scout
They're 8 weeks old, can I allow them to have a run on the grass and will they be ok if they eat some? It's a bit long at the moment so there's plenty of it for them to enjoy!

I have a feeling 8 weeks is a bit young to be introducing greens but I've not had young bunnies so I'm not 100% Plus you have to be careful introducing it as if they eat too much it can give them a bad tummy.

I didn't introduce my bunnies to grass until they were about 4 months old, and then I just have them handfuls of it for a few weeks until I was sure they were used to it before letting them out to gorge!

Ok I think I'll just let them be in their enclosure. They've got plenty of space anyway.

Thank you :)

It's best not to do sudden changes with baby bunnies diet, so keep them on the diet they grew up on for a few weeks after you get them and then make changes gradually.

I'd start by picking them a few stalks of grass and building up gradually over a couple of weeks, then when you let them on the grass to play they'll be used to eating it and snacking won't cause a problem.

Back