• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snuffles advice

Toffee pops

Alpha Buck
my hazel came from p@h adoption center and was sneezing a lot when i got her so she was on septrin 1.8ml daily for 2 weeks and didnt really respond so then my vet prescribed penicillin duphapen injections .3ml once a day for a week then every other day for 2 weeks, she weighs 2.7kg,so after 1 week she did respond and stopped sneezing but now im in the second week she has started sneezing almost as bad as at the start so im at a loss,she dosnt have any discharge from her nose and her eyes are fine,but she is very destructive sometimes, biting clothes and me and anything really as if shes in pain but i dont know if its just her being a bunny,so whats my next step?could she have tooth root pain?do i get an xray of her to check for teeth and get a culture at the same time?any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I adopted a bunny from pets at home and she had almost the exact same issues treatment was different tho. Are pets at home paying? I'd go back to them and ask tell them that your bunny is still unwell and that they need to do everything in their power to make her better. Did you get any background info on her? Has she had another home or was she one of theirs bunnys? Xxx

I adopted a bunny from pets at home and she had almost the exact same issues treatment was different tho. Are pets at home paying? I'd go back to them and ask tell them that your bunny is still unwell and that they need to do everything in their power to make her better. Did you get any background info on her? Has she had another home or was she one of theirs bunnys? Xxx

She was old stock,no im paying and to be honest i only use my vet, i dont really know anything about companion care vets so wasnt sure if they were rabbit savy.

I'd take the receipts to them and demand they pay the money back to you a friend of mine adopted and her bun was poorly as well and they gave her all the money back. Poor things I have heard so many stories after I researched when Jessie was poorly these poor bunnys are almost all poorly when they go to their new homes. Some may think I'm sad but I have contacted watch dog as it's not fair on the poor animals. I hope your little lady is ok xxx

I'd take the receipts to them and demand they pay the money back to you a friend of mine adopted and her bun was poorly as well and they gave her all the money back. Poor things I have heard so many stories after I researched when Jessie was poorly these poor bunnys are almost all poorly when they go to their new homes. Some may think I'm sad but I have contacted watch dog as it's not fair on the poor animals. I hope your little lady is ok xxx

Excellent. Good for you.

Ok thankyou will contact them once she is all sorted,its nothing less than animal cruelty that there breeding these sick animals,surely there must be rules against this.

I know it's disgusting my friends bunny had a blocked tear duct which she was told about but when he went for his check up he had severe conjunctivitis in both eyes! It's awful that they can do what they do and say "oh well" but yes take all the proof to the store and if you get any resistance (you shouldn't) say you will report them they soon back down. Hope your bunny is feeling better soon xxx

I brought my rabbit from melbicks and she had the same thing and still has sneezing fits the vet said she's fine and there's nothing really they can do to treat it xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought my rabbit from melbicks and she had the same thing and still has sneezing fits the vet said she's fine and there's nothing really they can do to treat it xxx

Looks like Melbicks has just had another delivery of baby buns :( Some of them are so tiny. One bun had been in a glass cage there for months and then suddenly disappeared.

If I'd had the space I would have taken him but I just couldn't.

Breaks my heart to see these little buns and wonder what will happen to them.

My snuffles buns are on baytril 10% which is helping at the mo.

What colour was the bun you saw and then it went I had the white and red eyed one :) she had been there since she was 8 weeks old and I had her at 20 weeks xx

Also I'm still trying to find out what breed she is she's a beautiful REW ( red eyed white, rabbit) called Lilly she is 25 weeks old today! When I brought Lilly they told me she was a mini lop but Lilly is too big ! She weighs a whopping 2.19kg and that was when she was 24 1/2 weeks old ! Two different vets have said she is big for her age and is not over weight and they recon she's goner double in size ! But they still haven't told me her breed ?! X

What colour was the bun you saw and then it went I had the white and red eyed one :) she had been there since she was 8 weeks old and I had her at 20 weeks xx

Hiya

He was a lion head white bun with brown patches - a grown up bun. He was on his own in the cage nearest the door of the office bit that is in the middle of the cages - near where the cat and dog accessories are. I remember a white bun being nearby. xx

Oh yea I remember it :) I think it's by the rats now it's such a shame no one wants them when there older they want all the babies :( I'm like u I would have them all I live with my parents but when I finally move I want to have a few rabbits create a play area at bottom of garden always loved rabbits there so beautiful x

Back