• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training

Mine took one day. I'm not exaggerating! It sounds awful but when I got his indoor run I let him wee on the carpet so I knew where he would go then I put a toilet there with woodshavings in along with a few of his poos from his cage and some of the wet woodshavings from his cage too. I watched him sniff at it and straight away he knew to go there and has never dirtied anywhere else (except for when he was poorly and drugged up so I can forgive that!) I think as long as you know where they want to go and you use some of their waste so they get the idea then rabbits are pretty quick learners as they like to stay clean.

My second rabbit will poo on the floor but mostly wees and poos in the toilet.

I also have their hay in their toilet with them otherwise they go toilet anywhere!

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've found that my neutered buns will litter train themselves if you put a litter box in there for them, so if your bun isn't neutered/spayed its worth it!
Good luck 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millie and Maddie basically just trained themselves. The lady who fostered them before me said they were very clean anyway and always picked a corner to go in. They pooped everywhere for a few hours after moving in and then they just started going in the tray because their hay was above it and that was it. They very rarely get any poos on the floor now but occasionally one gets flicked out when they jump out.

Back