• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brave Binx ventures out for the first time *exciting*

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
I am so proud of my boy Binx today. :love: Binx was neglected of love and attention for the first 6 months of his life, left in a hutch and garden to roam alone with no company human or otherwise. We took him and made him a spoilt house bunny, he loves being a house bunny, playing behing sofas and binkying on the carpet. He would never venture into the kitchen and looked so frightend when the back door was open, he would never venture out into the garden:( I think he associated the outside with being abandoned :(

Then we got Bluebelle who was from a tiny hutch where she lived in cramped conditions with her mum and 4 siblings. As soon as the back door is open she is straight out investigating but Binx would never follow her, he was too scared :(

We were building a hutch runaround run system for them for the summer and I was so worried Binx wouldn't go out and would hate it outside.

So todaycwhen the sun was shining and Belle was out on her travels we took a leap of faith and carried Binx out, welcoming him with his favourite treats. At first he was very nervous, but he didn't run back inside. He started to crawl about investigating. Then with Bluebelle leaped of the decking onto the grass :D they have been running and playing and binkying for the past hour. Such a huge step for him, but he is so happy, im just delighted :love::love::love:

mid bunny 500s

Jumping up onto the decking

Oh there's a gate

I told you it was awsome out here.. says Belle

Proud of her husbunny

Mine..... mine.....mine....mine :lol:

Hello :lol:

I know :D I bet I wont get him back in the house any time soon :lol: im sooooo happy :love:

They look like a lovely little pair of buns :love::love::love:

I like watching mine when they are outside as they get into everything and treat it as a new adventure every time :lol:

:love::love::love:

Its so rewarding seeing them go from strength to strength after a difficult start to life.

When we got Oliver he had very weak leg muscles - I nearly cried the first time he was strong enough to do a proper binky.

Aww lovely pictures :)

I'd love to have mine free range but it would cost thousands to fence and remove all the toxic plants from my 180 foot garden.

:love::love:
:love::love::love:

Its so rewarding seeing them go from strength to strength after a difficult start to life.

When we got Oliver he had very weak leg muscles - I nearly cried the first time he was strong enough to do a proper binky.
Well it was kind of hard getting him back inside the house :lol:he's a big beast of a rabbit, but I used the pet carrier. I think tomorrow he will be off out the door like a shot.:love:

Back