• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit aftercare - dental surgery not improving?

Kelly11

Warren Scout
Hi,

My mini lop dillon went in for dental surgery on Thursday to have his teeth filed down.

I brought him home the same day and put him back with daisy inside - i put them back outside on saturday

for the first few days he was sleepy but eating bits, apple, grapes, pellets and some veg, not as fast as he normally does but eating some and drinking

Yesterday he ate a bit more so was feeling he was improving slowly (our other rabbit daisy had the same dental surgery last year but sprung back after a day!)
but today he has slept all day ... he had a few pellets this morning and some water ... recently gave him some apple and grape but he seems to have gone down hill!

did any one experience similar behaviour from their bun? tempted to ring vets tomorrow as i dont think hes improving

thanks for your help! xxx

Back