• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stopping pellets in morning?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I've always fed both pairs their greens and some pellets in the morning then some more pellets at tea time but I'm wondering whether to stop the morning ones, just give them greens and slightly increase what I give them at tea time. I've probably been giving them too much anyway. Will it be ok to just stop the morning ones or would I have to reduce gradually? Obviously they'll always get fresh hay (twice a day) so don't think they really need them. Don't know why but now there's 4 together it suddenly seems like I'm feeding them loads :lol:

i've cut down on the buns nuggets recently. i cut back before cutting out. i'm working towards the stage where nuggets are a treat, not a staple.

Well I decided to be mean this morning and left them out! They got their greens as usual, I'll just give them slightly more tea time pellets. I had recently cut down the morning ones a bit so it's not too drastic! And they have fresh hay :D

Mine get their fresh greens (a lot!) in the morning and I scatter feed an eggcupful each at night (sometime between 7 and 9.30). They get (and eat) loads of hay, and I sometimes give them a bit of different veg late afternoon.

Mine get their fresh greens (a lot!) in the morning and I scatter feed an eggcupful each at night (sometime between 7 and 9.30). They get (and eat) loads of hay, and I sometimes give them a bit of different veg late afternoon.

That sounds similar to mine, they get a tub full of greens (not a massive tub!) Summer and Skye need to increase their hay intake, although they do seem to be eating more since being in the shed! :thumb:

I only feed their pellets at night, I scatter them slightly so that everybun can get their fair share. I do think pellets look a lot more when it's four bunny portions though! My lot have certainly eaten more hay since being together in the shed, Dandy and Beano were always good hay eaters and I think they've encouraged Apricot and Ginger to eat more hay too. They drink more too because of the increased hay! And all that obviously equals a lot more poo :lol: but they are nice and big and golden though :thumb:

My two new rabbits are used to having veg and pellets first thing then just hay for the rest of the time. The quad and Mottle and Peaches all have greens first thing and pellets at night so I am giving Autumn and Sunshine pellets twice a day. Sunshine is only young and they are both so lively that I havent cut their amount down very much to allow for their evening feed.

Definately cutting down the quad's overall veg intake though. Autumn and Sunshine have massive golden poos and eat loads of hay. Very inspiring.

I'm definitely going to cut the pellets in the morning. I always felt I should give it them in their pairs as Skye always went for pellets over greens but now they're all together they all just get so excited no matter what I'm bringing so better just sticking to veg, plus I don't feel tight now cos it looks like loads now it's feeding 4 :lol: I feel like that 'rabbit woman' in those pics where she's in a park surrounded by rabbits now :lol: I go in the shed and they're all round my feet :lol: Trying to clean litter trays and sweep up isn't as easy as if imagined :roll: All worth it tho :lol:

Back