• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marley getting nippy

Jem n Flo

Warren Scout
In the last week or so Marley has started being quite grumpy and nipping

He lunges and chases my legs, has times when he looks like a total grump and will nip both me and the dogs quite hard for what seems like no good reason (i click my fingers at home and say no which stops him, hes not a silly bun!)

i wondered if he was getting bored so ive moved things around a bit in the bunny room and put food in boxes so he has to work and keep occupied but hes just not himself

i dont know whether hes less inclined to be friendly to me now he has a bunny for company, does he just see me as bringer of food and is grumpy when i dont? or my other option is that since his neuter i noticed a scab between his shoulderblades and i assumed it was from a jab for painkillers after his op but weeks later its still there and i wonder if actually hes in discomfort but im not sure how to tell whats wrong

hes eating fine, flopping out asleep with flo, exploring the house, all the usual, just has really grumpy moments (isnt all the time, the other night he was totally dbf and was happy for me to stroke him)

not sure where to start....can it be something as simple as a change in the weather even though their indoors its still cooler?

i change in behaviour can result in a health problem so i would have a trip to the vets and get the scab looked at also incase there is another other health problems

worried about my lil man now :( def not himself, will have to find a carrier big enough to get him and flo in together and sort out a vet trip i think

now weirdly, the next day he was back to his old chirpy self, even hopped up on me for fuss yesterday

i had a look at where the scab was and i think flo has cleaned him up, she'd been grooming him more than usual (normally he does all the grooming) and the scab is gone and the wound looks very clean and tidy and isnt bothering him any more

i have 2 weeks off work shortly so i will take him for a once over regardless but all seems back to normal happy hoppy marley

Definitely pop him to the vet. My buck gets like this when he is due a dental. He never slows his eating, but he gets very grumpy and angry at me, I think it's just his way of telling me his mouth is hurting/uncomfortable.

yeh i have noticed hes gnawing more, gone through two apple branches and having a good gnaw on the bars of the baby gate over the weekend

will def take him for a check up, also no idea whether hes been vaccinated so he can get his jabs at same time

i wanted them done when he got neutered but vet said it would be best to leave it until he was recovered

Back