• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Evan is in bad shape u/d he's gone

willowflower27

Mama Doe
I am waiting on the vet as I dare not move him, he is on metacam,zantac and cisapride but they have stopped working :cry: he is in full stasis not helped by the carpet he has chewed :cry: I have tried everything to stop him eating inappropriate things but I have failed him. I have given him fluids have him on a heat pad but I fear this time he will not make it, and if he does it won't be for long his stasis bouts are becoming more severe and more frequent I feel powerless camped beside him waiting on the vet who may be an hour or so but he is in no state to move if I move him given how stressy he gets I will never make the 35 minute drive I don't know what to do I know he's terminal but why dies it happen at the weekend my usual vet is only open Monday to Saturday but it's 5 minutes away

Last edited:
Thank you all for the support however I made the decision to help him to the bridge he has been poorly for so long and never really gets well before being poorly again so I did the only fair thing left for him

Oh no, i am so sorry to hear that sad news. Binky free Evan and hugs for you

Fee xxx

Back