• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poorly Max

Fran

Warren Veteran
Max bunny is feeling poorly today. He wasn't eating this morning so we took him to the vets late morning, he's had a dose of gut stimulant and pain relief, and he ate as soon as we got back home. Still no poos yet and he hasn't been drinking as far as I know. Just syringed him 10mls water which he took really well so will keep that up, hopefully we see some poos soon.

His spurs have already grown back and it's only been 5 weeks since his last dental so it looks like he'll be having another vet trip early next week when he gets over this.

Hopefully he picks up soon, he's in the conservatory in a crate for now so I know that he's pooing again. Definitely not our normal bouncy boy right now :(

:( Poor little love, give him a little nose rub from me. I hope he feels much better soon. xx :love:

We have poo now and he's a lot happier. Back with the other 3 in the shed :D Just need to get his teeth sorted again next week.

Awww :( poor little Maxy, so sorry he has dental problems :( hope he's back to his usual self, would love to see some pics of him and the girls xx

Awww :( poor little Maxy, so sorry he has dental problems :( hope he's back to his usual self, would love to see some pics of him and the girls xx

Thanks Lou, he's back to his normal self now although not too impressed with me! Have booked him in for a dental on Wednesday, wanted to get him sorted out this week as I'm back on placement next week. I'll try and get some photos of them all this week for you :)

Back