• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

0 - Panic in t minus now...

Automaton539

Warren Scout
Ok, when I came in today everything seemed quite normal with my two girls. During this evening though Dizzy hasn't really done much. At all. They're usually quite energetic buns and she even passed up on her food. They NEVER pass up their food. They're both right there dancing around my legs when I pick up the bowl and rumage in the feed bag. I picked her up and her ears were fairly cold, she didn't mind staying with me for quite some time and even started clicking her teeth a bit - yay - but when I put her down she didn't really do much. So I tried to check her over, she struggled well enough until I got her to calm down. No visible or feelable injuries, seemingly no unusual lumps or anyhing that might suggest a blockage and didn't mind me feeling around her tummy so no identifiable pain. The when I let her go I cleaned them out because her paws were wetso they had obviously been busy buns while I was at work and after all was said and done when all was back to normal Dizzy went to the tray and just sat there, has barely moved since... Am I worrying for nothing?

I have to admit I'm a bit confused :oops: is bun back to normal now and are you saying should you be worried about her little episode? If not, and she is still like she was as you described earlier in your post, then you're definitely not worrying for nothing!!

she doesn't sound very well IMHO, sounds a bit like stasis if she hasn't pood or eaten.
The clicking teeth may not be in happiness either as bunnies grind their teeth when in pain - could it be this? If she is still as you described at the beginning I'd say she is sounding very poorly and needs a vet ASAP - like tonight. The fact her ears were cold, she didn't react to food or you handling her, and the fact she hasn't moved does make her sound a very poorly girl who really does need to see a savvy vet as soon as you can. Bunnies can go downhill so quickly. She sounds in pain as well, bless her. :(

If not apologies, it's late and I am tired! :oops:

Last edited:
Well, due to time contraints and work I was asleep shortly after my post and Dizzy seems to be right back to her normal self this morning. Dashing and bouncing about. So I'm hoping she was just having a little tantrum or reacting badly to my brother having been in earlier while I was out. - he has a large amount of cats and I dare say buns could smell them. - or even just having a tantrum about the tray needing cleaning. That said I will be asking my gf to watch her closley today while I'm out and she's watching the flat for me while waiting for the gas man.

Back