• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Nettle please U/D NOT respiratory infection

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
These poor buns. :( Nettle has been having really laboured breathing for the last couple of hours with her heart going at a rate of knots, and not eating much. So given everything else, DH has just taken her to the OOH vets. Fingers crossed it's just a false alarm, but it isn't normal.

Last edited:
Sending megavibes for Nettle with all possible speed ((((((((((((((((((((healing vibes))))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

The vet last night thought she had a respiratory infection and gave her antibiotics (she did have some yesterday for her eye but possibly a different kind). I have to take her to my vet today for more, but this morning she is up and about and eating pellets so looks a lot better. I heard Nettle sneeze a few times when they first came to us, but never since, but this morning I heard Willow sneeze for the first time.:( I suspect they may not have been as healthy as they seemed when they came.
Anyway back to the vets today. I need to check my insurance to make sure I can claim as I only got it recently.

The vet last night thought she had a respiratory infection and gave her antibiotics (she did have some yesterday for her eye but possibly a different kind). I have to take her to my vet today for more, but this morning she is up and about and eating pellets so looks a lot better. I heard Nettle sneeze a few times when they first came to us, but never since, but this morning I heard Willow sneeze for the first time.:( I suspect they may not have been as healthy as they seemed when they came.
Anyway back to the vets today. I need to check my insurance to make sure I can claim as I only got it recently.

I would ask the Vet to take a look at Willow too incase they both need treatment

Good luck xx

Oh gosh. I am so sorry they are being so troubling. I only saw them for a couple of hours so didnt really have a chance for in depth checking. I am currently paying for pur coltsfoot to have a weeks stay with frances harcourt brown. He has been diagnosed with fractured jaw tongue ulcers again and the ongoing skin issues not yet found a cause. I feel very guilty that i cant send you loads pf money to cover the girls. Re insurance. Make syre that you never sat in front of vet that maybe they had it when arrived as that will make insurance invalid

Oh gosh. I am so sorry they are being so troubling. I only saw them for a couple of hours so didnt really have a chance for in depth checking. I am currently paying for pur coltsfoot to have a weeks stay with frances harcourt brown. He has been diagnosed with fractured jaw tongue ulcers again and the ongoing skin issues not yet found a cause. I feel very guilty that i cant send you loads pf money to cover the girls. Re insurance. Make syre that you never sat in front of vet that maybe they had it when arrived as that will make insurance invalid

Please don't feel guilty, it's just one of those things. I think you have more than enough of your own problem bunnies, I do hope poor little Coltsfoot can be sorted out. I have an appointment this afternoon, so I shall have to think carefully what to say re. insurance.

Oh no!!

I've just caught up with this as I've been away.

Fingers and paws crossed here. :thumb:

Well I've been to the vet and we're not much the wiser, except that Nettle has another ulcer on her eye. My vet thinks this may be why she was heavy breathing last night - perhaps it had just happened and she was in pain (although I had only given her Metacam at 6pm anyway). She said it would be unlikely her breathing would be so much better today if it was respiratory infection. Anyway, she is on antibiotics now for her eye which would be the same as used for a respiratory infection.
Willow's infection seemed a lot better, and they were feistier than before. I let them out at the bottom of the stairs and they had great fun negotiating their way to the top.

Well I've been to the vet and we're not much the wiser, except that Nettle has another ulcer on her eye. My vet thinks this may be why she was heavy breathing last night - perhaps it had just happened and she was in pain (although I had only given her Metacam at 6pm anyway). She said it would be unlikely her breathing would be so much better today if it was respiratory infection. Anyway, she is on antibiotics now for her eye which would be the same as used for a respiratory infection.
Willow's infection seemed a lot better, and they were feistier than before. I let them out at the bottom of the stairs and they had great fun negotiating their way to the top.

That sounds like good news. :)

I do like the way they have managed to get themselves into the house....:lol:

That sounds like good news. :)

I do like the way they have managed to get themselves into the house....:lol:

yes its amazing how buns do that . . . . we have . . let me see . . . 7 rabbits and a hare indoors at present - and one due to come back from vets and be in here . . . and have only just managed to get three others to go out!!!!

Back