• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheapest place for rubber matting!!!!

miss c

Young Bun
Hi ive finally got my french lop and his wife moved into their new shed, YAY i thought he likes to bang at night, sumtimes in the day half the time for no reason! He seriously stressed me out while i was pregnant lol i had visions of him getting us all evicted :lol: Though he had been quieter for a while and has calmed down alot he still thumps sometimes so i thought the shed is more suitable sizewise for them and keep the sound in as well.

NO! their still noisy but the edge off the noise has gone a little so i suppose now its liveable ish BUT my two single buns who arnt usually that noisy who live next door start thumping whenever they here the other two go up their ladder in the shed :? it sounds the same as when they use their ladder so i dont see the problem :roll: but im not a rabbit!
Last night i figured its new for them having neighbours and a shed next door and theirs not alot i can do so i left them to it, this morn i got up and opened the shed so the other two could see in and other than jumping a few times at 1st when the 2in the shed went up and downstairs they were fine all day so i thought yay their all settled and i love having the shed.
So tonight i shut the shed up when it was getting dusky then half hour later BANG BANG BANG :evil: why they have been fine all day hearing the noise from the shed???

anyway i was thinking i might get some rubber matting for the girls then if i like it get some for the shed and my little boys buns so wheres cheapest and which is best? ive been looking and theirs a few types. I remember some1 saying its a good sound insulator i dont want the neighbours getting arsey with me these new houses arnt exactly spaced out i cant wait till we move.

Lol random thought i have two rubber backed mats i was going to bin their heavy but bit dirty would they help or at least be ok for laying in the shed?? just an idea.

:lol: rant over theirs always something with them or 1 of them causing trouble its a good job i :love: them!

ok, thanks :thumb: not sure where my local 1is but im sure there is 1.

Ive been looking at stable matting also any suggestions on which is cheapest and best??

If you can get conveyer belt matting it is very thick, about 10mm. I used it for my goat shed, if there's somewhere close to you that sells it it works out cheaper than stable matting. I got mine from a place called canning conveyor in Worksop, it was used conveyer belt but the surface was perfect one side, the used side only had a few scratches. They cut it to size and I just had to make a few little alterations with a Stanley knife. It's smooth but very grippy. Not tried it with the buns yet, they've got non slip vynil in their hutch at the mo, which was free from a local carpet shop. :D

I looked at stable matting but it was expensive and quite hard compared to the rubber squares.

Decathlon and Costco also sell the square/rolls of rubber matting. I did find that Aldi's were a bit thicker though. I think they have also been in local tesco, B&Q stores too at times.

Thanks i shall keep looking round they have been a bit quieter last night i suppose their getting used to it slowly.
And i think places will start getting the nonslip stuff in now with the weather turning wet and yucky :(.
They have our old kitchen floor in the hutches and shed which is non slip and and quite cushioned so i dread to think what they would be like with out it. Glad i saved it though its come in really handy,the kitchen fitter looked at me like a mad woman when i told them not to skip it, it might not be the nicest colour and pattern but the buns havnt complained so far! :lol:

Back