• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like she is having a fit?!

LauraLou1982

Warren Scout
Hello all, I have little experience with rabbits, but 'acquired' one last weekend, she has been briefly checked over by the vet as she was quite nervous - she was housed in a very small guinea pig cage with two entire boys and she is unspayed, not been out for months so is underweight but otherwise vet said hopefully otherwise healthy.

Today she has been out in her run for the second time, and I was sitting by her run doing my essay on laptop. She was hopping round happily, kept coming over and laying down next to me and then would wonder off again. Then suddenly she ran as if startled, leapt in the air and kind of shook - the only way I can describe it is it looked like she had a mini fit whilst in the air? Does anyone know what this is? Is it something the vet has missed? She did it a few times, and then carried on hopping around. Do I need to contact the vet?

Am really worried! Any advice/help would be good, I understand its hard only from my description!

It is called a Binky, you know that happy little jump lambs do when they are playing? It's one of them, you tube it and there are loads.

Your little girl was jumping for joy. Well done for giving her a life with joy in it! :love::love::love:

Just googled it - thank god! Sorry feel stupid now, limited experience with bunnies so I didnt know what it was!

Thanks you two! :D

You're welcome, they are strange little creatures! :lol:

Erm, don't google it but search on the forum for dead bunny flops, commonly known as DBF's they are also rather terrifying for a first time owner... Ok any owner sometimes you just have to poke them to make sure they are still breathing! :shock: but again a dbf means a relaxed and happy bun :thumb:

Don't google it though you get lots of horrid pictures from google :(

Awwww bless, she must be so happy to finally have a a proper home with a loving, caring owner :love:

She's happy to be with you!

As she's been kept with two entire males there is a good chance that she could be pregnant, so keep a careful eye on her.

They do look a bit ridiculous sometimes when binkying, it's definitely a spur of the moment thing and they don't always seem to consider where they'll land :lol:

Aww how lovely that she's so happy :love:

When I first got Elmo I asked the vet if he might have brain damage because I had seen him having lots of fits :oops:

Lol Elmoandfern I was quite close to ringing the vet and asking the same question! Glad its not just me lol!

Thanks guys! :wave:

Back