• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gross!!!

Delta

Warren Scout
Lately my bun has been jumping up on our sofa and weeing on the throw. She did this yesterday so cover has been washed and hung up to dry.
This morning she jumped up on sofa again. I normally push her down because don't want her to think she's allowed on the sofa but she got on my lap. I was shocked as she never does this so I let her. How stupid am I.... She weed on me!

Is there any way to stop her??

My (male) bunny just started doing the same thing on my desk chair and me.

He's off to be neutered on Tuesday.

Is your bunny spayed?

Yeh she was spayed nearly 3 months ago. We had her done for the obvious reasons but mainly asap because she was spaying wee at my partner all the time and weeing on the carpet everywhere.
This wasn't a spray though it was a full on puddle! :lol:

Exactly what Ludo has been doing to me! A proper wee down my front! I feel your pain...

I think bunnies like sofas.... I 've just had to learn for now how to stop Ludo getting up onto me...he gets a 'I want to be on yoru desk chair' look in his eye.

Sorry that's not helpful, but you're not alone in this! :lol:

A lot of rabbits really enjoy weeing on soft things like beds, sofas and blankets. It's not really something that can be stopped unfortunately... your only options are to 1) cover it with a tarpaulin so she doesn't feel the urge to pee, or 2) not let her up at all... although that's easier said than done isn't it!

Perhaps fence off the sofa with puppy panels? Give yourself some room to use a footstool etc but fence it off so she can't get to the sofa?

I have heard of someone who had some luck with making a blanket that contained crinkly material (you know like toddler toys sometimes have? soft material with crinkly loud stuff inside?). She sewed two matching throws together with the crinkly stuff inside and the noise somehow put their bunny off weeing on it. Although I'm not sure where you could get the material from, and whether you have a sewing machine! I guess you could try cutting a piece of tarp to the right size and sewing it/safety pinning it together with a throw on either side? Then if that works you can always invest in the posher version.

Last edited:
Did someone accidentally sit on the bunny's favorite spot on the sofa? They sometimes do it for "This is my spot!!!" reasons.

Both my does have had a thing about peeing on the bed. My rabbits free range in my room, so obviously I can't stop them jumping on the bed 24/7. I managed to get them both out of it by putting a shower curtain or waterproof sheet over the bed. Both of them would continue to pee on the shower curtain, but after a few weeks they stopped. I had my two does at separate times and it worked for both of them, I think they just need to get it out of their system! My buck has never done this, but he did used to pee on the couch before he was neutered.

I think if you cover the couch when you aren't there and then push her down when she jumps up whilst you are there, she will eventually stop. I don't cover my bed anymore and haven't had a problem with Xena for months. :thumb:

This has only ever happened to me with female bunnies!
can't think that it was ever my own, only when I've looked after them for friends! I've googled it loads but the only things I can come up with is that it's 'the ultimate expression of love' which can't possibly be right in my case or that it's territorial diva behaviour & that settee's & beds are more favourable because they carry more of your scent due to you using them more. No ideas how to stop it though!! :oops: thankfully in my case they both went back to their respective homes!! I'm just grateful my current lady doesn't do it!! :D

Lately my bun has been jumping up on our sofa and weeing on the throw. She did this yesterday so cover has been washed and hung up to dry.
This morning she jumped up on sofa again. I normally push her down because don't want her to think she's allowed on the sofa but she got on my lap. I was shocked as she never does this so I let her. How stupid am I.... She weed on me!

Is there any way to stop her??

Does she just sit and pee or does she do a little dig first?

Stu used to dig first either me or what he was sitting on when he was in the house then he would pee, I learned very quick if he digs he needs a pee time to go back to the litter tray :D hope this is helpful:thumb:

Both of mine used to wee on the sofa before they were spayed, Truffles used to jump on, and by the time I'd got to her she'd already wee'd and jumped off again. The menace. I now have a thick tarpaulin and a throw on the sofa as Samantha likes to dig too, but actually since they were spayed they haven't wee'd on it at all.
I do sympathise though, it's most frustrating.

It's so annoying having to wash the cover every other day.

I know it supposed to be normal bunny behaviour but i'm sure she waits till i leave the room to do it. I think she's trying to make a point... She's smarter than me :lol: not hard, granted but annoying none the less x

Back