• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woody and Cookie - My First Ever Bond

marchi1990

Mama Doe
For those of you that don't know, on Saturday I collected cute Cookie from a local rescue centre. My plan (and hope!) is to bond her with my kind and loving lop, Woody.

Here they both are:

Woody

Cookie

I thought I would create this thread to chart how their bond is progressing - it would also be a good place for people to share how they have done certain things/how they have overcome certain hurdles/if they think I could do things differently.

So, on Saturday Cookie moved in next door to Woody.

Cookie seems fairly uninterested in Woody (not sure if this is a good sign?), she mainly spends her time in her house doing this:

But Woody is DEFINITELY paying interest.

I am slightly concerned that his tail seems to be raised although he is not exhibiting any other worrying behavior. When they do meet through the bars (when Cookie pays him the slight bit of attention), it is rather cute:

Each day I have been swapping over items in their homes - for example toys.

This morning I placed Woody's cushion (which he lounges on) into Cookie's shed. She is currently lounging on it also - I'm taking this as a positive step:

I will update soon!

What they do through bars has no telling of what they will do when together :) His tail is probably up because she's in his territory right now.

Donny and Lola had to have exercise in their runs on the grass on opposite ends of the garden, they were fearsome if they could even see each other.. but they only took 2 days to bond.

What they do through bars has no telling of what they will do when together :) His tail is probably up because she's in his territory right now.

Donny and Lola had to have exercise in their runs on the grass on opposite ends of the garden, they were fearsome if they could even see each other.. but they only took 2 days to bond.

Well that's great news!

They don't seem fearsome of each other at all - intrigue if anything.

Well that's great news!

They don't seem fearsome of each other at all - intrigue if anything.

You should have seen Donny and Lola :roll: They would just attack the bars trying to get to each other :roll: Took them to the rescue on the Saturday or Sunday and picked them up on Monday :lol: Have never fought or anything and it's been over a year now :D (Lola is still a hump demon but Donny doesn't care at all:lol:) extending their space I did over a week and a half but I think they would have been fine going into their 6ft hutch and run after a few days, but I didn't want to mess it up!

You should have seen Donny and Lola :roll: They would just attack the bars trying to get to each other :roll: Took them to the rescue on the Saturday or Sunday and picked them up on Monday :lol: Have never fought or anything and it's been over a year now :D (Lola is still a hump demon but Donny doesn't care at all:lol:) extending their space I did over a week and a half but I think they would have been fine going into their 6ft hutch and run after a few days, but I didn't want to mess it up!

Wow that's amazing that it changed so suddenly! They just wanted to be buddies. Bless.

Woody and Cookie seem to be getting on well through the wire! Lots of admiring and staring from Wood's side.

I feel inclined to introduce them before Sunday - how long do people usually wait before introducing them? They have been living next door and I have been swapping over their items since Sunday.

Back