• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezing is back

marchi1990

Mama Doe
Woody had his castration on 1 May. A couple days later I noticed he was sneezing so he went back to the vets.

He took a long time to recover from castration because at his age (5) he didn't bounce back like a young one.

Anyway, the vet listened to his heart and lungs which she said were fine. No nasal discharge. Ears fine. She thought because he was struggling to recover from the castration (bad scrotum inflammation) that he had probably come down with a light form of snuffles - only symptom was sneezing.

I have now been giving Baytril for 2 weeks. I stopped two days ago because that was advised as the last day. I have noticed today that the sneezing is back. He sneezes about once or twice an hour. He lives outside but I spend a lot of time with him outside. I haven't heard him sneeze for about a week but I am not sure if he completely stopped or I just wasn't there when he did it.

What would you advise? Could this be an allergy? I don't know what to think.

Eating and pooing normally.

Last edited:
Okay. I am going to arrange an appointment for him either tomorrow or Monday because my vets open weekends.

He had a scan about 1 month ago but they didn't notice anything sinister. Could that have changed since then?

Okay. I am going to arrange an appointment for him either tomorrow or Monday because my vets open weekends.

He had a scan about 1 month ago but they didn't notice anything sinister. Could that have changed since then?

Do you mean Xrays of his Skull ?

I know - he doesn't have any other signs of snuffles and it isn't constant bad sneezing - it is once every now and then.

I do not know what to think.

Back