• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch

purplesponge

Warren Scout
I recently purchased a happy hutch which I love and so does the bun! However as the wind has picked up it has started to tip over and I need some suggestions so that it doesn't keep tipping over and letting the bun out

Please help!!

:shock: that is quite a worry! What sort of hutch is it? Is it a single or a double? I'm guessing it's a double one so perhaps the height is making it more prone to getting blown over. I would probably move it somewhere sheltered, against a wall or shed if you haven't already done so, so it's not so exposed.

sykes-rabbit-huch-run-combo.jpg

this is the website photo, mine seems to sit slightly differently, but basically the same

Which bit is blowing over? The whole thing? Or is the hutch blowing off? Or the roof?

I have that hutch too - the 3x6 hutch on a run, and it's so heavy I can't imagine it ever blowing over :shock:

Is it too heavy to move onto the floor on four bricks and put in front of the run at ground level?

Alternatively can you get hold of some bricks or breese blocks and place on roof at either end and one in middle ??

Which bit is blowing over? The whole thing? Or is the hutch blowing off? Or the roof?

I have that hutch too - the 3x6 hutch on a run, and it's so heavy I can't imagine it ever blowing over :shock:

i know thats what i thought too!! i didnt see it blow over personally, i can only guess that the hutch fell forward and tipped the entire run forward (we have the hutch sitting on the front with the run behind it, and will have to move it out of the path of the wind :/

Back