• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Think Buster is poorly

Jojo123

Mama Doe
Buster hasnt eaten since i got home at 5 and looks sleepy and down, hes hardly moved and refused apple which he loves and pellets! Waiting for the vet to ring me back im very worried

I hope he will be okay. My rabbit is poorly at the moment and I am sick with worry so know how you feel.

Hoping he improves fast.

Bloody Rabbit, on the phone to the vet and he goes to his bowl quite perky and eats the apple! And ive just given him some pellets. Feel like a :censored: now! Although the vet said there is a rabbit awarness week at my vets next week so can get a free health check so all is not lost

Im sorry your bunny is poorly marchi, hope hes 100% asap. Its the first time ive owned a bunny and the first time hes acted poorly like that it really scared me perhaps i over reacted

Hopefully it was a touch of gas. If he is eating now, would definitely be worth a free health check at the vets tomorrow. :thumb:

Hes munching hay now, i did give him a belly massage perhaps it helped. He let me do it but was trembling which made me think it was a bit painfull there.

Bloody Rabbit, on the phone to the vet and he goes to his bowl quite perky and eats the apple! And ive just given him some pellets. Feel like a :censored: now! Although the vet said there is a rabbit awarness week at my vets next week so can get a free health check so all is not lost

Im sorry your bunny is poorly marchi, hope hes 100% asap. Its the first time ive owned a bunny and the first time hes acted poorly like that it really scared me perhaps i over reacted

I am the Queen of over reacting when it comes to my rabbits - better safe than sorry!

Glad im not the only one then, def better safe than sorry! Hes fine now got his happy face back and running around x

Back