• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this suitible

i have recently moved my buns in there new accomidation which is a 6 by 4 ft shed with a 6 by 3 ft run attached is this ok size for a merdium sized bun and a small bun as they have access to the run through out the day with it locked at night

The Rabbit Welfare Association recommend a hutch 6 x 2 x 2 and a run at least 88 x 4 permanently attached. :wave:

The Rabbit Welfare Association recommend a hutch 6 x 2 x 2 and a run at least 88 x 4 permanently attached. :wave:

88 x 4!? :shock:

I'm pretty sure that Tulsi means 8x4! :lol:

Do they have permanent access to the run? Making it bigger would be nice but tbh I would feel comfortable housing a pair of buns in there, as long as it is 100% predator proof!

Mine have a 6x4 shed and 7x3 attached run, they have access to the run all the time but if it's hammering it down I do shut them in over night purely because of how nasty and boggy the grass gets :)

If the run is safe for them to be in through the day then it should be at night too :p

Lola is a small bun and Donny is probably medium :)

Last edited:
Your buns are very lucky! I'm sure they love their new set-up! :)

The size sounds good, the shed is bigger then the minimum for a hutch and run is a bit smaller but still a good size! If you can because bigger is always better it might be nice to upgrade the run to a size bigger or even an aviary if you ever can. :)

Mine have a 6x4 shed and 7x3 attached run, they have access to the run all the time but if it's hammering it down I do shut them in over night purely because of how nasty and boggy the grass gets :)

If the run is safe for them to be in through the day then it should be at night too :p

Lola is a small bun and Donny is probably medium :)

it is safe through through the night but it has been cold the last few nights but might leave it open tonight x
the run has a tarpaulin over it so if it does rain during the night they wont get wet or during the day

it is safe through through the night but it has been cold the last few nights but might leave it open tonight x

If you can leave them in the day, when predators are always out and about, then it will be fine to leave it open at night :) If they get cold then they'll always have the option of going into the shed :)

i have recently moved my buns in there new accomidation which is a 6 by 4 ft shed with a 6 by 3 ft run attached is this ok size for a merdium sized bun and a small bun as they have access to the run through out the day with it locked at night

i think thats fabulous! and if you combine the space thats 12ftx7ft! so totally enough space for them i have something similar.....

mansion1_zps11bb09b9.jpg

GetAttachment_zpsac9b4184.jpg

That sounds good enough to me but if you are thinking of taking on a rescue bun its worth speaking to a rescue and finding out their requirements as they are all different. Can you add a shelf to the shed to make more space?

That sounds good enough to me but if you are thinking of taking on a rescue bun its worth speaking to a rescue and finding out their requirements as they are all different. Can you add a shelf to the shed to make more space?

i am not thinking of taking on any more buns as i already have 2 which have the shed and run and i am going to add shelves in

Back