• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge & Willow -pic heavy post 23

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
I would like to introduce Smudge, a wee rescue from bunnies buddies rescue in Edinburgh. I am attempting to bond the, myself with daily input from Buddies:thumb:

1359ac2d836e7e158f387347b898102b.jpg
[/IMG]

I have started slow bonding as initial introductions went well, the trip in carrier home, went well, a couple of hours in the bath too but that's where it went pear shaped, After transferring them to a small half run (neutralised and empty) , Willow was quite nippy and aggressive.

I was unsure and have split them as Smudge was very stressed.
smudge in hut in shed and Willow in remaining area of shed. there been a lot of interest and a bit of thumping. I have put them in separate runs next to each other for a short period and have been swapping them round.

First meeting;
C0B4ABB8-2592-419B-8ED8-54C668DC42C9-154-000000152D4D65C2.jpg
[/IMG]
B49AEC13-E9D0-475F-AF10-2C8833320500-154-00000014F4A84326.jpg
[/IMG]
B4A4BC4D-3CAE-45D3-9146-858D1C461E83-154-00000015053619AE.jpg
[/IMG]
DB410FD7-2B4A-4192-BC33-2DF59353BB51-154-000000156487118A.jpg
[/IMG]

Willow staring Smudge out from afar - is it love?...
AB256EEB-AE60-4EAB-B2DD-C45A08EAF6CB-154-000000150EA16910.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
He is so cute! I can't resist those lop ears :lol:

ps. husbun should be stressed as Willow is larger than him :lol::lol::lol:

Aww beautiful Smudge. Could it be a bit much for Smudge as he has only just arrived? Perhaps he needs to settle in for a week or so fist... I don't have any bonding experience so its just a guess. There is so much advice on here. I'm sure all will be fine. Very best of luck. I will watch with interest as I'd like to bond a quad and poss even all six. :wave:

well , thanks all, they've settled into their runs. they are a little smaller space wise than I'd like but it'll make it easier for each other to check out scents etc, it is only temporary... we're swapping them tonight too, willow in the hutch and Smudge in the shed...

I went to shops and came back to find Willow and Smudge touching noses through the bars, a huge achievement I think.... Both are nomming, drinking and pooing, although there's a couple of caecals uneaten in each run.

I think they'll be just fine.....but thanks for all your best wishes, Will keep you all posted on their love story... she's just playing hard to get!!!,

fee xxx

thanks!,

today appears to have gone down well. that's them just in their swapped houses for the night....

when I went out they were sitting looking at each other , sitting side to side at the run.. Willow has been poking her nose through the bars.. looking good for a good start for tomorrow....

fingers crossed..

fee x

thanks!,

today appears to have gone down well. that's them just in their swapped houses for the night....

when I went out they were sitting looking at each other , sitting side to side at the run.. Willow has been poking her nose through the bars.. looking good for a good start for tomorrow....

fingers crossed..

fee x

:thumb::thumb: keep us updated matey with pics attached :wave::wave:

The news is.....I am obviously useless at attempted to bond and despite thinking that I know what to do with loads of help, I dont..

Buddies have taken the duo back to bond for me... I havent got the chilled out temperament that you need. I dont want to see Smudge hurt. Willow was being so feisty and poor Smudge was knackered as her chasing was incessant.. It is early days and in experienced hands, they'll hopefully return them all lurved up.....

Thanks Buddies..... You are stars!

Fee x

Thanks.. I thought I would be able to give it a go and be confident about it, simple fact is , I really cant read the signs properly yet and bunny behaviour and etiquette is still pretty alien to me, despite sitting watching them for hours...

I think my anxiety about protecting Smudge, just like i protected Willow from the boys, overrode anything else and the bunnies could sense this.. They're in the best hands now and hopefully they'll come home soon, a happy couple.

Its safe to say, bunny bonding is one helluva stressful experience... More power to the experts.....

Fee xx

Thanks.. I thought I would be able to give it a go and be confident about it, simple fact is , I really cant read the signs properly yet and bunny behaviour and etiquette is still pretty alien to me, despite sitting watching them for hours...

I think my anxiety about protecting Smudge, just like i protected Willow from the boys, overrode anything else and the bunnies could sense this.. They're in the best hands now and hopefully they'll come home soon, a happy couple.

Its safe to say, bunny bonding is one helluva stressful experience... More power to the experts.....

Fee xx

I wouldn't dare do it fee it's awful if they decide to have a tussle x here's my Little Hatter and his new wifey this morning 3rd day :)

103cfd032248f98bbfd08c4028127113.jpg

:love:... Awwww bless.. Looks like their bonding is a huge success......!!!,

fee xxxxxx

Back