• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making friends with Luna?

MillyAlice

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:
I have two buns: Jasper, who we've had a little under a year, and Luna, who we've had for four months. Jasper will come running for head rubs, tolerates being picked up, and loves a fuss. He's not a lap bun or anything, but he can be quite affectionate :)
Luna's a nervous little girl. She's a year old and a rescue so we've been building from the ground up. She will (with some trepidation) take food from my hand, and will 'boop' me on the leg or arm with her nose, but then run away. We've worked hard to get her to this stage, but we've hit a stumbling block, and we're not really progressing any more. The worst thing is trying to pick her up. She needs some grooming as she's floofy (and will NOT let you do it on the floor) and it's traumatising for all of us, she runs, twists, thumps and bucks and it's pretty dangerous.
I sit in their pen and let them come to me, but Luna really isn't keen, whereas if I have treats with me then Jaspie will just mug me :lol:
I mostly just wondered if anyone had any advice. I just want her to understand that both me and Shaun love her dearly, and to be able to safely do what we need to :love:

Distract Jasper with treats in the hutch and shut him there while you try to distract and groom her with treats??
I found banana worked wonders in allowing Ginny to let me groom her althoug I then had to perfect rubbing Harry's nose while grooming Ginny for a while no I don't need the treats as she'll let me groom her without:love:

That's a really good idea, they're house buns with a big pen for the daytime, I'll boot Jasper out with a couple of salad leaves and Luna and I can play! She's such a greedy guts that I think ANY food could be used to tempt her :lol: Thank you :)

Back