• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Best thing to spot wash Ludo's bottom with?

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

Ludo had a bit of an accident this morning, he won't be eating that particular veg again that's for sure!

He got a big smelly caecotrophe stuck on to his bottom and slightly onto his foot. He's easy to handle and pick up so I just used some kitchen roll to pull the lump off and wipe the worst off his bottom and foot. He then sat and was washing his foot. I cleaned all of his house because he'd trodden some into his bed.

He's a good groomer so I'm hoping that he'll clean off the rest, but if he doesn't what would people recommend to just gently wash the tiny patches that are still dirty? Just warm water and a flannel?

I'm not worried that this is a health issue as he's only young and tried a new veg last night which clearly didn't agree with him. All his poops are normal and healthy and there were no other caecotrophes anywhere else. I know his teeth are ok as they've not long been checked and he's eating his hay/pellets normally.

I'd just like him to be his usual spotless self, especially as I don't think he'll be allowed onto the sofa until then! (Especially after a stray poo was found on the kitchen floor yesterday :lol::lol:)

Thanks

Sorry to seem silly, but just dry cornflour and rub it with a cloth or do I need water too?

No water. Just use a disposable glove, if you have one and rub cornflour gently into the poo. Just a small amount will do, it should just slide off. x

Back