• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Shed/Playhouse Base

KarinB

Warren Scout
My new bunny playhouse has been built and we are now wondering what best to put it on. It is going to go in an area of the garden which has grass on but we do have some paving slabs. My concern is the base getting damp or rotting.

What did you all do for your base?

Mines on decking :) my dad was going to slab it but the decking was fine so he used that. I would slab it if you have some :wave:

My new bunny playhouse has been built and we are now wondering what best to put it on. It is going to go in an area of the garden which has grass on but we do have some paving slabs. My concern is the base getting damp or rotting.

What did you all do for your base?

a solid base is always best, concrete or slabs, if funds restrict then lay the slabs to cover the corners and then get some 2x3 timber and put across the slabs to make a raft and put the shed on that, if air can get under the shed it wont rot. make sure the base is perfectly level or it wont sit right

a solid base is always best, concrete or slabs, if funds restrict then lay the slabs to cover the corners and then get some 2x3 timber and put across the slabs to make a raft and put the shed on that, if air can get under the shed it wont rot. make sure the base is perfectly level or it wont sit right

Well we have enough slabs to cover the whole of the base, so do we put 2 x 3 on top of the concrete slabs? Is that so the air can circulate underneath via the gaps between the wood?

Has anyone on here anchored down their shed/playhouse?

Last edited:
Back