• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Hutch!

Peterbunny

Mama Doe
Hi all :wave:

I'm just so excited I had to post a picture of Petey in his new hutch :lol:

003.jpg

He will be moved onto the patio later on, I can't lift it to move it! Now got to work out how I want it set up?!

To others with Hutches.... Do you have the bedroom divider in your hutch? I spoke to a local bunny rescue (where we will be getting Peters lady friend from in a couple of months) and he suggested leaving the divider out as it extends his running space? Instead to get Peter a house so if he wants to hide away he can. Opinions?

Last edited:
What I've started doing is leaving the divider out and putting a shelf there instead because bunnies love shelves.

i kept the divider in mine but you could get a card board box and fill it with straw for cosyness. mine LOVE boxes!:lol:

Looks fab:thumb: Yeah, I don't like dividers :lol: As long as the wind can't get him (so using a cover) then it will be fine :)

This is what I have :) The £20 will be better for him to fit comfortably :p I left the hay rack out though, and they love chewing it :thumb: It will take up the one end but it is nowhere near as deep as it would be if the divider was in, he will be able to jump on it and get in it :) Stick some hay in and it's a yummy, cosy bedroom :thumb:

My pair are actually in the picture reviews! :lol:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/large_cabings_smallpets/wooden_houses/152471

Or you could just make one similar to that:D like a box the depth of the hutch but not as deep as the divider space :p

Hi Babsie,

I don't attach it to a run, I'd love to figure out how to but I'm abit clueless on how to do it :lol:. I'm hoping to get a runaround kit thing soon but after convincing hubby to buy a £160 hutch (after spending £50 on one only last month!) I thought I'd hold off requesting a runaround too :lol:. It would be easier to have him able to make his own way back to his hutch though as he is a little monkey to try and catch at the end of the day, Our run only opens half on top and he always squashes himself into the furthest away corner :lol: It normally requires me to shake his food box and climb into the run with him :roll::lol:

Instead I carry Peter to his run and he is out all day, normally 9am - 5/6pm. He has access to water, lots of hay, grass, toys and he has a plastic carrier full of hay too if he wants to hide away. I also part cover it with a tarpaulin incase of bad weather (although I'm generally always at home so I'm here incase the rain starts or the sun comes out.

Back