• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are snuggle safe heat pads any good

Toffee pops

Alpha Buck
As winter is coming im trying to find ways of keeping my outdoor buns warm on those cold winter nights,ive seen the snuggle safe heat pads and i wondered whether they are any good and do they give of enough heat to warm up the sleeping area of a hutch or are they just for the buns to sit on?

I have two (one each for them) and if anything, they're good for peace of mind, mine lie on them....

they dont do much good at warming up the shed (its such a big area) but they love to lie on them :)

Well it's good to have them just in case but I don't think my rabbits will ever sit on them. They don't stay warm for long outside. If you put them out at midnight, even if the rabbits used them in a couple of hours they would be cold and the rabbits would be worse off.
I would concentrate your efforts in making somewhere snug the rabbits can go and shelter and stay warm and dry so you can lock them in overnight if it gets too cold.

Well it's good to have them just in case but I don't think my rabbits will ever sit on them. They don't stay warm for long outside. If you put them out at midnight, even if the rabbits used them in a couple of hours they would be cold and the rabbits would be worse off.
I would concentrate your efforts in making somewhere snug the rabbits can go and shelter and stay warm and dry so you can lock them in overnight if it gets too cold.

Are you putting them in the microwave for long enough (I put mine in for a minute longer than it says) cos i put one in at 7.45 am when they got soaken the other morning and at 3pm it was still 'warm'

About to buy 3 soon (1 for me, 1 for the cat and 1 for the buns) - cat and I are ready for them now, buns will wait 'til it's colder. Was thinking to put it at the bottom of the sleeping basket with lots of hay on top or would you recommend something else? Also, how often do the fleece covers need changing? All the ones I've seen advertised come with a cover but I love the ones that are for sale on here.

Im so worried about winter, i was considering putting a mini radiator in each of our 3 hutches,but my girlfriend is like your being too protective of them there rabbits they live outside in the wild,but i just no when winter comes the rabbits get miserable so what is the answer,do rabbits get cold?

Are you putting them in the microwave for long enough (I put mine in for a minute longer than it says) cos i put one in at 7.45 am when they got soaken the other morning and at 3pm it was still 'warm'
They stay warm for quite long indoors, but when it's 5c outside, they don't stay warm long at all.

They stay warm for quite long indoors, but when it's 5c outside, they don't stay warm long at all.

Ours are in a shed, so still outdoors, but i don't think its getting to 5'c here yet (well it is at night) but im not giving them one yet just this one morning cos they were soaken and i was worried about them getting wet.

I think its more peace of mind for owners more than anything isn't it lol

Mine always stay warm for 12 hours :?

I love them so much I use one for my bed in the winter! :thumb: The buns aren't overly fussed by it except my elderly arthritic girl

I have one for my buns. I put it in their hutch when I tuck them in at night. It stays warm for hours and hours. I take the fleece off and wash it once a week as it can get smelly! They seem to like it, but like others have said, its more for my peice of mind than them I think!

Back