• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit safe string/rope?

jazxo

Mama Doe
Looking for something to tie toys etc to the top and sides of the run so my rabbit has to pull it off etc but she will probably end up eating some so I want it to be safe. Anyone know what to use?

Just found this on the internet...

"Sisal is extremely safe for rabbits. They make a lot of bunny products out if sisal, including your mats, twine, and balls and other things.

Of course, a particular bunny may have an allergy to anything, but it would be very unusual for them to have a problem with sisal."

I have been making toys for my cockatoo for many years so am always on the look out for 'safe' materials, there is a product called paper rope, thats exactly what it is, its extremely strong comes in various widths and is made completely from food grade paper so is perfectly safe if/when chewed. I have hung my bunny toys with it, they havent chewed through it yet :)

I have been making toys for my cockatoo for many years so am always on the look out for 'safe' materials, there is a product called paper rope, thats exactly what it is, its extremely strong comes in various widths and is made completely from food grade paper so is perfectly safe if/when chewed. I have hung my bunny toys with it, they havent chewed through it yet :)

Ah thank you :)

Back