• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe height for shelves?

biskit

Young Bun
Hi all.Just looking for a bit of advice.We have nearly finished our 6x4 shed conversion for bunnies:DVery excited for moving day which will hopefully be Wednesday.We have put 2 shelves on one side.The first shelf is 2 feet high and the second one is 4 foot high.It sits exactly level with the windows so they can look out,all accessible via ramps .I am a bit worried about the height of the second shelf.I have put a mesh barrier along the side of the shelves that is about 15cm high,will that keep buns safe?They wont be able to fall off but they wont attempt to jump over the barrier will they?Apologies if its a silly question,I tend to worry a lot over my bunnies:roll:

Sorry I have no idea! I am currently building a new hutch/cage for indoors and was also wondering if 1 meter is too high if my bunny attempts to jump off.

Sorry I have no idea! I am currently building a new hutch/cage for indoor and was also wondering if 1 meter is too high if my bunny attempts to jump off.

Someone on here said that they used cheap coffee tables instead, so you could see how tall they are and do that height!

It depends really on the height of your bunny. In my opinion if your bunny is healthy and in good shape, a shelf as high as the tips of their ears when they stretch is safe. ;)

Thanks for the replies.Shed is now finished.I have put two shelves second one is level with the window so is high up but I have put a mesh fence around it so bunny cant possibly fall off.He loves sitting on the shelf looking out the window:D

I will get some pics up later:D.Got some finishing touches to do I am going to cut some rabbit vinyl decals to put on the door and then I need to get run attached.This would have been finished if poor Harvey hadnt been ill this week:(

Back