• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomorrow's project...

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
Includes putting up a mist system and setting up a fan for the rabbits outdoors. Hopefully this will help them cool down. This summer has been murder as we've already lost 5 due to the heat... Pray this works.

Mist system:
41X2GTJ3HoL__SL500_SS500_.jpg

20" Box Fan:
520109-Lasko-3723-20-Inch-3-Speed-Premium-Box-Fan.jpg

5 young babies or 5 adults? I used to keep rabbits outside and I never lost any and I live in Florida! :shock: I'm not sure what Oklahoma's temps are though... most summer days here are in the 90's and sometimes the low 100's. Although with heat index it sometimes feels like 115+.

5 young babies or 5 adults? I used to keep rabbits outside and I never lost any and I live in Florida! :shock: I'm not sure what Oklahoma's temps are though... most summer days here are in the 90's and sometimes the low 100's. Although with heat index it sometimes feels like 115+.

4 adults and one month old. It gets over a hundred here nearly every day. 104, 105... No breeze. I've been gone for a week so they didn't get sprayed down like they usually do when it gets really hot. Hopefully this will help. I'm in a group on facebook and people have been losing them to the heat as well. Mine aren't in little cages though, so that helps some. This way they can at least dig down and get a little cooler.

oh no..how aweful!:cry:

Hope it works, frozen bottles, ice-pods, cold marble/tiles are cool....I also hear a bowl/bag of ice high up - cold air sinks and it cools the air...hope your buns are ok...how very sad.

I got the mister system installed and running. It runs during the heat of the day when the rabbits aren't that active, so they just lay underneath it and cool off. Then in the evening they aren't to warn out from heat to play. They look silly laying there getting all wet, but at least they're cool.

Back