• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aversion to regular pellets, but fine with a new one?

Martin7

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone

I have a very dental bun who's pretty prone to stasis too..

Anyway, over the course of the last few weeks, he took less and less interest in his usual pellets (Science selective) which he's had for years, and would normally clean a bowl..I've had to adapt their size and mushiness to match the state of his teeth along the way, but he still ate them fine..

but the last couple of weeks, he seemed to develop an aversion to them, and so had a lot of vet checks, and ended up having xrays, and a couple of GA Dentals.. but he's still weird with his SS.

I've been struggling to get enough fiber in him, so today I figured I would try a different food, just to see how he responds to them, and I picked up some Harringtons optimum which is like tiny nuggets, and he cleaned up and ate the lot:S.. but still won't go anywhere near his SS, I even tried 2 different bags in case one was a bad batch, but he still wouldn't touch them

is this normal with a dental bun to suddenly change his preference for pellets?.. I even cut the ss the same size and shape as the Harringtons, . I don't get it, I chopped the SS so the size is the same, the softness is the same, ..but still no joy..yet he's always ate SS

Now I just need to find a better quality, higher fiber pellet same shape and size of the harrington optimum (I think :roll:) but they have quite a high fat content, and would like something with less fat and higher fiber as it seems SS have been evicted for whatever reason

Just wondering if this is usual for a dental bun

Thanks

Martin

Last edited:
I dont know if it is normal or not sorry but I was in Jolleys today and noticed they had some Chudleighs Pellets which is new to me. They looked rather like the Harringtons' pellets in that they were very small. I dont know if this is of any use to you.

Back