• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did it! Meet Heidi... :)

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
See my previous post 'new bunny' for the story... Well I have taken on board people's advice and I was a bit worried about taking her on after that but I couldn't stop thinking about her and felt like she was already mine but left in that place so today I spoke to my vet (who is rabbit savvy btw and very good) about getting Summer and Skye spayed and mentioned this other rabbit and she was very encouraging and it just felt like the right thing to do (also i had already thought of the name Heidi then when i was reading up a but more online today one poster was called Heidi!! It was like a sign :D) so on my way home tonight I went and got her! I figured it's worth a try, if it doesn't work il decide what to do then but fingers crossed for a happy ending. She was very territorial when the PAH man went to get her out... Ears back, ready to pounce!! :shock: but hopefully spaying will help, and a nicer person looking after her :lol: She was fine when I got her home tho, bit nervous as ud expect, obviously the cage she's in is only temporary, iv attached a carry crate to an open door as a bed to give her a bit more space, just hope she's not an expert cable tie chewer or I'm in trouble :lol: So.... Here she is.... :love:

a8aa3b4a.jpg

After a bit of investigation and sniffing around she started to tuck into some hay :)
4bae7556.jpg

c9b9538d.jpg

I haven't read the other thread on her story but it sounds like she is very lucky to be with you. She is beautiful.:love:

Glad you rescued her! I love her new name :) She's just gorgeous :love: She's obviously got a wonderful new home! :D

Aaw thanks everyone! She seems ok, just hope she is still ok when I get home and she's not had a chewing spree :lol: Gave her a few toys and things to chew this morning and a small piece of apple and dandelion (not sure what she's used to) She doesn't seem nervous like they said, she hasn't run once when iv gone into the room and seems happy for me to be there. I got a little grunt when I was topping up her hay this morning but that's it. Really hope things work out, just had to give it a go :)

Back