• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exciiiiiiited!!!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
The 1st part of my project, my delivery from Runaround has arrived today :D Just itching to use it now, next week.... The hutch and run :thumb: Then the hard work starts, may have to invest in an electric screwdriver...

It sounds very exciting!!!

Best of luck..........and of course photos will be required when finished.

Photos are always most welcome.....especially if they involve bunnies.:lol::lol::thumb::thumb:

Plans changed slightly again, I'm now having separate single level 6x3ft hutch and pipe into 6x8ft run :D Found a great seller on eBay that delivery and put them up for u so saves me doing the hard work!! And it will all be pretty much same price as what i was getting before and they r same high quality. Having to wait a few more wks but will def be worth it in the end! Not 100% decided where the guinea pig fits into all this, going to wait and c how best to fit it in when my bank acct has had chance to recover :oops: I'm already planning how to fit another runaround bit leading somewhere else :lol:

Their user name is woodenbuildings2010 sorry couldn't c how to do link off phone. They r based in Birmingham so charge diff amounts depending on delivery area. Obv I haven't ordered from them yet to recommend properly but they have been really helpful with my million and one questions I asked them today! And they have good feedback. The prices seem very reasonable, eg the 6x3x2ft hutch is only £150 and the 8x6ft run is only £100 and both look very solid. They will also make them to ur spec. They quoted £50 for delivering to me in greater Manchester (about 70odd miles) and putting up both the hutch and run which I think is well worth it!!

Their user name is woodenbuildings2010 sorry couldn't c how to do link off phone. They r based in Birmingham so charge diff amounts depending on delivery area. Obv I haven't ordered from them yet to recommend properly but they have been really helpful with my million and one questions I asked them today! And they have good feedback. The prices seem very reasonable, eg the 6x3x2ft hutch is only £150 and the 8x6ft run is only £100 and both look very solid. They will also make them to ur spec. They quoted £50 for delivering to me in greater Manchester (about 70odd miles) and putting up both the hutch and run which I think is well worth it!!

Oooh I had these for my 6x8 run too! Its brill! So sturdy, takes 2 of us to move it a few feet, it weighs a ton. Excellent bloke too, He took the dimensions of my hutch to add supports where the legs are and I wanted one of the lift up doors moving along a panel, no extra cost! Can't recommend them highly enough! :thumb:

Still sound great :D It will be enriching too because of the tunnel being access to the run :D

The hutch is on top and I've got a runaround tunnel leading out of the back of the hutch and into the run, rather than a hole and slope in the floor of the hutch. The buns luuuuuurrrrrrvvvvvvve the tunnel!

Last edited:
The hutch is on top and I've got a runaround tunnel leading out of the side of the hutch and into the run, rather than a hole and slope in the floor of the hutch. The buns luuuuuurrrrrrvvvvvvve the tunnel!

:love: I don't have a runaround :( but my 2 have a big black tunnel similar although it's not bendy, and they love it :lol: Lola can jump on it fine.. but Donny has only just figured out he can get up there too! and not long after he slips off :roll: :lol:

:love: I don't have a runaround :( but my 2 have a big black tunnel similar although it's not bendy, and they love it :lol: Lola can jump on it fine.. but Donny has only just figured out he can get up there too! and not long after he slips off :roll: :lol:

:lol: They are funny! :lol:

The hutch is on top and I've got a runaround tunnel leading out of the side of the hutch and into the run, rather than a hole and slope in the floor of the hutch. The buns luuuuuurrrrrrvvvvvvve the tunnel!

Did they do the hutch on top of the run for u? This was my original plan but then decided to have a ground hutch and separate run, aw don't make me change my mind again!!!! :lol: I'm glad u said the run weighs a ton, looks like it does, nice and sturdy ;)

Did they do the hutch on top of the run for u? This was my original plan but then decided to have a ground hutch and separate run, aw don't make me change my mind again!!!! :lol: I'm glad u said the run weighs a ton, looks like it does, nice and sturdy ;)

I already had the hutch, so I've just screwed it into the frame, Was gonna have a ground floor hutch with the tunnel between but I was trying to avoid wet knees from cleaning out! I've put the hutch at the front of the run facing outwards so the run goes under and at the back of the hutch it that makes sense, I figured it was much easier to access the hutch for cleaning out/feeding etc.

I'd put a photo for you but I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to things like that!!:oops:

I know what u mean, it's ok I have already decided not to change my mind again!! Think it will look neater having them separate as I was having the runaround pipe as I didn't want to use ramp but couldn't c how it would fit in without looking daft!! I tell u my brain is mashed with all this I have barely thought about anything else for about a month!! Will be glad when it's done!! And hopefully Summer and Skye will appreciate it!!

I know what u mean, it's ok I have already decided not to change my mind again!! Think it will look neater having them separate as I was having the runaround pipe as I didn't want to use ramp but couldn't c how it would fit in without looking daft!! I tell u my brain is mashed with all this I have barely thought about anything else for about a month!! Will be glad when it's done!! And hopefully Summer and Skye will appreciate it!!

Tell me about it...luckily my dad is really good at stuff like this cos my OH is rubbish!!:roll:

I was going to have the pipe coming out of the side of the hutch and curved round and down into the side of the run but thought it wouldn't be strong enough without a support at the side for the pipe to sit on. So now it runs along the top of the run from the back of the hutch and my dad cut a hole in the top of the run to allow the pipe into the run that way. bunnies love it...and no ramp either! I know I'm daft but I always imagine the bunnies falling through the hole in the floor of the cage!

Last edited:
Back