• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In love with a blanket

bunnyconvert

Warren Scout
My furbaby Harry seem to be in love with his blanket. He has a chicken coop style hutch, a large 9ft circular run and freedom of the garden most days. I have taken to putting a fleece blanket in the bottom of his coop and airing it daily on the washing line. This afternoon he was tring to pull it off the washing line and as soon as I've put it back in the coop he's back in there guarding it! He spend all day yesterday lying in his coop on it dispite the door being open and having free range.

He licks it occasionally but no sexy stuff(he's not castrated). Is it normal for a rabbit to want to be in his hutch all day? He can come an go and is active in the evening but just wants to be with his blanket!:?

He will know his belongings by their scent and will try to get it back if you take it away and peg it up on the line :lol:

Rabbits are naturally restful in the day, a time when in the wild they would remain underground in their burrows for safety. They are active in the early morning and late afternoon usually as they would in the wild.

There is a word to describe this pattern of behaviour but I'm afraid I can not think what it is!

Thanks. prior to the blanket he'd spend all day lying in his run and making the occasional circuit of the garden now he's in his hutch instead

He will know his belongings by their scent and will try to get it back if you take it away and peg it up on the line :lol:

Rabbits are naturally restful in the day, a time when in the wild they would remain underground in their burrows for safety. They are active in the early morning and late afternoon usually as they would in the wild.

There is a word to describe this pattern of behaviour but I'm afraid I can not think what it is!

Diurnal!

Back