• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benson urinating on me again!!! :-(

BennyBunny

New Kit
Hi all,

I have a 9 month old buck dwarf lop called Benson (he's a blue otter). He's an indoor bunny and when I'm in, has free range (which is alot of the time). I'm planning on putting a run around his cage so he can have more exercise 24/7.

He's very affectionate and loves sitting on my shoulder for a nose rub. However, about 4 months ago, whenever he was sat on the settee next to me, he would urinate either on me or the settee. Sometimes he would spray, sometimes just a normal wee.

This behaviour stopped for a few months and now he's started doing it again :(

He's not neutered as yet and is mostly litter trained (what I mean by mostly, is that he always wee's and poops in his tray but when he's out, he'll poop all over the place!).

Any idea's anyone? Marking me as his territory? Because he hasn't been neutered? But why would it stop for 4 months then start again?

Neutering may help :wave: one of mine used to pee everywhere but after her spay she was fine :) it might be a touch of 'spring fever' and he's feeling the need to claim everywhere :) Poppy decides that for about a month every now and then she will dig constantly for no reason.. It's just a phase ;)

Definitely sounds like he is marking you as his. Neutering will curb those hormones and it should stop. I would suggest it be better to get him done early before it becomes learned behaviour and therefore harder to stop.

Back