• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies new hutch!!!!!!

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Sooo... OH got building the new Happy Hutch this afternoon after me being an idiot and insisting that there were huge gaps when the hutch was actually fine :oops:

The piccies aren't great as I took them tonight, in the dark! The blue stuff on the door is the Cuprinol paint I'm going to do the whole hutch in :D

I've put lino tiles on the floor and had to put the carrier in as a litter tray... it's too big but I'm going to change it and get a proper litter tray. There's also fleece in the bedroom bit to keep my bunnies nice and snuggly and warm :love:

20120315_2035391.jpg

20120315_203545.jpg

and the bunnies sharing this hutch...

Dexter

fa11ca6b.jpg

and Pumpkin...

47e1cd3d.jpg

They have got the attached 6x3 run to be built and go on tomorrow and then the OH is building a 6x5 extension :D

Looking forward to finishing painting it tomorrow!!!

So what was with the gaps then, you gotta tell us after that thread :p

Haha!

Well, I'm REALLY bad at calculating measurements... Turns out the gaps were 1cm, not 1 inch!

When the OH put the hutch together and screwed everything in place, the gaps closed further and the doors were no longer wonky!

Graham was really nice on the phone and explained it all to me. He told me to make it up and see if it all straightened up (as it should!) and that I was to ring him back and let him know. He said if it was still wrong, he'd come and drop another front off today! Pretty darn good customer service in my opinion!

Going to send him a very apologetic e-mail tomorrow! Haha.

OH now thinks I'm a total spoon! When he saw the gaps he laughed and made me get a ruler and measure them just so I could see for myself how far off a full inch they were... :oops:

Looks fab! Will look even more fab when it's painted a pretty blue colour :D

You mean the pretty blue colour you're helping me paint it??? :p Mwahaha!

Btw... Piggies have been squeaking away tonight and have scoffed all of their veg! Little Mabel is still being a scatty piggie though and running back and forth a lot!

We've had to tell the dog off a few times as she keeps coming in the living room and peeking in at them! Guineas weren't too impressed with her!

Haha brilliant, glad it was good though - Graham (what a classy name ;)) is obviously very keen on keeping his customers happy :)

Looks brilliant, bet the buns love it!

I think they do :D When I went out earlier, they were sunbathing :love:

Dexie is acting a little bit odd, so am just leaving him atm to settle. He did jump out the hutch onto my knee when I went to say hello though, which was odd behaviour for him!

Dexie is my little nippy bunny :love: Nips to say hello, nips to say goodbye, nips and grunts when he's annoyed, nips and grunts to say thank you for noms.... It goes on and on! Haha!

Looks fantastic. I keep getting put off Happy Hutch and then see these fantastic reviews! Still debating over Happy Hutch or Ryedale! :lol:

Looks fantastic. I keep getting put off Happy Hutch and then see these fantastic reviews! Still debating over Happy Hutch or Ryedale! :lol:

Think it just depends on your budget tbh.

My budget was small, so we went with Happy Hutch. If you have a huge budget though and can afford the bigger Ryedale hutches, maybe go for one of them? :D

I have a feeling this Happy Hutch is going to last us quite a while though :love:

Back