• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Off to the vets with Biscuit...

I dropped him, i dropped my little man.

He won't move. He's just sat there. He twisted as he fell, he did hop off though.

Given him metacam, not sure if i should of, but i dont want him to hurt :(

What have i done.

Appt in 15 mins

OH NO!!!!!!

I hope he has just had a wee fright and will be ok.

I once dropped Kermit, he landed on the top of his cage and caught his paw, then slid off it, he was just a bit dazed for a while.

Fingers crossed for wee B x

Oh no, I really hope everything's ok and fingers crossed Biscuit's just a little stunned.

I've been there and it's natural to blame yourself but it was an accident and hopefully, once you've got over the initial shock, you'll be a little kinder to yourself. Hugs. xxx

It was an accident, I know you feel awful but it could've happened to any one of us. Sending lots of good wishes xxx

I've dropped a couple of mine in the past when I've been moving them into the garden:oops: One broke a nail as a result once - I felt dreadful.

It happens, Gray. None of us are perfect.

Sending Biccy lots and lots of vibes for a speedy recovery xxxx

Oh no Gray :( You must be in shock and feel awful but accidents happen so please try not to be too hard on yourself.

I really hope he's ok xx

OH NO :( Dont blame yourself Gray, accidents do happen. Just concentrate on getting Biccy sorted. Hopefully he's just abit dazed.

Sending tons and tons of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We're home again.

Biccy is just a bit sore, around his hip area where he landed.

Nothing obviously broken, just dazed and sore.

Somebun does NOT like me right now.

We're home again.

Biccy is just a bit sore, around his hip area where he landed.

Nothing obviously broken, just dazed and sore.

Somebun does NOT like me right now.

Thank god :)

Hugs to you and very gentle squishes for Biccy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bless him, so glad nothing is broken. Sending vibes for him and calming ones for you. Bunnies are wriggly and squiggly by nature - this could happen to any of us.

Oh Gray, sounds very, very similar to what I did with Mini only poor Mini's hip got dislocated and the old vets missed it for two weeks. You can imagine just how bad I felt dropping my poor little minxy baby. Bt she's fine now and I'm sure Biccy will be fine too once he comes round.

Back