• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jack has Stasis and is at the Vets, so worried.

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
My rabbit is back at the vets again this morning. Monday night he was at the emerg vets as he stopped eating. He was laying on his stomach and his back feet were trembling. He wasn't interested in his food. So we took him in and they gave him sub Q fluids and metacam.

I was hoping he would be better by now as he has had this before and recovered very fast on the pain meds. But today he is still not eating. He hasn't touched his pellets or parsely. He did have some parsely Tuesday morning. And he was nimbling on hay. But mostly he just laid about on his stomach with his back legs trembling.

He is at the vets again today. He is getting xrays, sub q fluids and they are prescribing a gut stimulant. I hope he is going to be okay. I'm so worried. They are calling me later to update me.

When she listened to his guts there were no sounds at all which is so bad. :( He does'nt have a fever which is good.

Any suggestions or advice please.
Thank you.

Thank you, SamanthaJane. I appreciate it.

Here is a picture of Jack:

jack11.jpg

Sending vibes for Jack. Stay strong. Pea had severe bloat last year and I thought I'd lose her BUT she pulled through. Never lose hope.

Thank you everyone. It has been a pretty stressful day. I feel so bad for Jack. The Vet said he doens't have a blockage and he is now taking a stronger pain med as well as metacam. They force fed him critical care at the Vets and I just did a feeding myself. He spat most out but we perservered.

He did eat some parsley and kale but not very much. I have given him a small piece of banana to tempt him. He hasn't gone to the bathroom since he's come home. I had his box freshly cleaned so I can monitor it.

I have to do another feeding before bed. He does look more comfortable now. I hope he will start eating properly soon.

Jack did an enormous poop! Two of them! Now he seems more comfortable. He ate some kale and hay. I syringed more critical care which he kept spitting out but some did get in. Now there are little round poops that look more normal in the litter box. :) And he went pee too.

He came over to me and was pestering me to pet him which is normal. I hope this means he is on the mend.

oh and he ate some of the banana.

It sounds like he's on the road to recovery and like you said Im sure he feels a whole lot better after his 'enormous poop' :D Good boy Jack!

Back