• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help separated buns

misty&dexter

New Kit
Hi all
Was wondering I have had to seperate my buns because the female keeps humping my boy and he has nipped her twice. U has bonded them about 6 months ago and the get on 80% of the time. But just recently I had caught her humping him a few times and he he had bit her the first time on the back don't know way happen as they were living outside. So I brought them both in to keep a closer eye on them. After 2 weeks of being inside he had bit her again on the flower this time. Bur wat is more annoy is I don't know why as it was web I was sleeping. So I hav had to separate them as I don't want her hurt anymore. Do u think I will ever be able to put them back together?
Thanks leah

Hi, firstly, are they both neutered? Also, throughout the day, how much space and exercise do they have? I have a similar situarion with two buns at the moment. They were happily bonded till their long journey here which seems to have caused stress and they have fallen out.

They have a large dog crate the size of a great Dane and half of a large room penned off which they got all day. I would put both in the large crate at bed time 10pm and let them back out at 7am the next day. I have the separated just now. Both have been neutered. They seem more content separated. Should I keep them like this and just supervise play time or do u think through time I may be able to put them back together?
Thanks Leah

Back