• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed about very frequent sneezing

from more experienced posters? Not for me and mine; it's on this thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?319733-Back-from-vets-with-Simba/page2

I have been posting on that thread quite a bit, but I haven't had rabbits very long; maybe it would be a good to get some opinions from old hands - not sure how many have seen it.

I don't have any advice to add to what I have already said, which is that prompt treatment, all the way through, is vital because the longer things are left/delayed, the more the illness takes hold, and that Baytril is not likely to be as effective as necessary for a RTI, and that on one of mine I would have a culture and sensitivity test done to determine the right antibiotic that would help her best.

I guess nebulisation could be discussed is she is struggling that much, and also things like Bisolvon (an anti mucolytic).

Really though, it needs to be prompt and fast, whatever it is, to give the bunny the best chance.

I hope they manage to find something that works.

Last edited:
Thanks Sky.

I have seen an improvement over the last couple of hours. She has had a nice run round the living room and even jumped on the sofa for a kiss (she licks me on the lips) she is sneezing more like every 25 mins at the moment, so I am hoping it is cause the baytril has kicked in.

I hope you understand I wouldn't hesitate to take her back to the vets for culture and sensitivity? I just don't want to stress her further if she is showing a slight improvement after her trip yesterday. Even if (fingers crossed) her symptoms go completely she will be going back in 3 weeks at the end of the course for a check over.

I hope I have acted quick enough?

I got her on August 15th 2011. She has had 3 vet trips in 3 months.

Back