• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ordered my Wendyhouse

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Well....the buns Wendyhouse!!

link

Poor Oliver is going to hate me for not getting it for him, but I'm sure he'll love it even more when he gets to sit in it with the bunnies. I'm going to get him a chair to sit on in there.

What should I use to insulate it? Polystyrene and plywood? :|

I'm so excited for them!!

Ooooh thats brilliant! :thumb:

I love my wendy, so easy to clean out too - cant wait for your pics

OH put plywood all around the bottom half of ours but he did it all as a surprise for me and he didn't know I wanted polystyrene behind it all...

Never mind tho, they have snugglesafes this year and they survived last year in all that snow without them so they should be ok....I hope? :shock:

Ooooh thats brilliant! :thumb:

I love my wendy, so easy to clean out too - cant wait for your pics

OH put plywood all around the bottom half of ours but he did it all as a surprise for me and he didn't know I wanted polystyrene behind it all...

Never mind tho, they have snugglesafes this year and they survived last year in all that snow without them so they should be ok....I hope? :shock:

Eddie's not the hardiest of rabbits, so I think we'll insulate it to the best of our ability (along with snugglesafes and big cardboard boxes filled with hay.) That's lovely of your OH (If not exactly what you wanted!;))

I'm painting it cream and teal stripes. :love: I'm going to make night shutters for the windows, and carpet it. (we have a whole floors worth of offcuts.) Then need to finish making the run and put a tunnel through to it.

I'll update with pictures as soon as it's arrived and I've got it up. It's going to take between 5 and 10 days to come though. *impatient*

That's going to look gorgeous :love::love:

Would it be better to lino it and then put pieces of carpet down ontop? Then you could take the bits of carpets out and kind of 'flap them' outside to get the bits of hay off. It's what I do with the carpet tiles that H&B have as they're a nightmare to clean otherwise - the hay just won't come off! :roll:

Eddie's not the hardiest of rabbits, so I think we'll insulate it to the best of our ability (along with snugglesafes and big cardboard boxes filled with hay.) That's lovely of your OH (If not exactly what you wanted!;))

I'm painting it cream and teal stripes. :love: I'm going to make night shutters for the windows, and carpet it. (we have a whole floors worth of offcuts.) Then need to finish making the run and put a tunnel through to it.

I'll update with pictures as soon as it's arrived and I've got it up. It's going to take between 5 and 10 days to come though. *impatient*

I hate waiting for things too! :evil:

The colours sound lovely, I often wish I'd painted mine instead of just staining it but at the time it seemed a lot to do [the run part was already stained so....]
I have shutters on mine too - they work really well :thumb:

That's going to look gorgeous :love::love:

Would it be better to lino it and then put pieces of carpet down ontop? Then you could take the bits of carpets out and kind of 'flap them' outside to get the bits of hay off. It's what I do with the carpet tiles that H&B have as they're a nightmare to clean otherwise - the hay just won't come off! :roll:

i get the carpet samples from local carpet places and they only charge me 20p or 50p i just throw them when they get too mucky, but i use this method and shake hay off too :thumb: i will be having few more tiles though for winter

look forward to pics of the new abode xx

(my kids were fine i pinched their wendy house for the buns bless :lol:)

Lovely :D If you can get insulation roll from places like B&Q that can work a treat, as can bubble wrap, and anything with a shiney side that can reflect the cold and heat. :)

(also, did you get my PM?)

Back