• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you got your hutch covers on yet?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
I've looked at lots of useful threads about how to winter weather proof the hutch, but how cold should I wait for it to get before I put my blankets etc on?

i havent put mind down yet but i think i might soon its getting chilly here :(

Thanks for your reply :wave: The bbc weather website says nights could be as low as 2 degrees by tuesday, so it's getting a bit more like October! My day off this week is Monday, maybe I'll sort it out then.

Nope not yet.

But i think i will start next week. its going to got to 3 on Wednesday night according the the forecast!

just put my sheeting on the smaller permanent runs (post above) but wont be doing the blankets and snugglesafes till be are at freezing point they still not properly got their winter coats on, but least they are dry now got home from work to wet bunnies before lol (the girls love being out) but i want to get lidded movable runs now to attach to smaller runs by opening the front doors as i do now with my hexagon shaped open ones i want a lidded one so i can cover also :wave:

I've put my insulated hutch cover on already. I bought it from the ebay man who makes them to measure your specific hutch. its great and provides a lot of warmth.

Back