• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The beginning....Day 2 Update!! Another Update!! IT'S COMPLETE :D

Jaki5

Alpha Buck
:wave:

Just thought I'd post a thread of the progress of my house bunnies new outdoor home :) It's a work in progress and hopefully will be completed by the weekend and once they have had their jags they will be very happy in it. I'll add photos and a wee record of how it's going as we are doing it :)

270720111329.jpg

This is the starting point, I re-painted the shed to bring it to life a bit!

270720111330.jpg

Side view of the shed with the newly fitted bunny flap

270720111331.jpg

The hubby hard at work putting some battery powered lights on the roof

270720111332.jpg

Not quite true at the moment but hopefully soon :)

Hope you will enjoy seeing the progress and fingers crossed it will look like a little palace :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys :) It's raining today but the hubby will still be out there working away so hopefully have more pics later on today x

I hope that Jack and Max learn how to use the cat flap ok. You'll have to show them how to get into it a few times probably.

I hope that Jack and Max learn how to use the cat flap ok. You'll have to show them how to get into it a few times probably.

Yeah Lee is going to take the flap off for the first wee while so they can learn how to just get through the hole first then introsduce the flap x

Well we never got any work done to it yesterday as it was just far to wet but we have been working non stop on it today and have got the grass dug up and the mesh put down and lay the greass again and got the run attached to the shed :) Will post photo's tonight.

We have the vets tonight to get their first set of vac's and then we will start on the inside of the shed getting it all organised for them, it's looking good and all the hard work is defo paying off! xx

I am glad that today has been good weather to let you get it done. Did you have enough materials or did you have to buy a lot more stuff?

I am glad that today has been good weather to let you get it done. Did you have enough materials or did you have to buy a lot more stuff?

We've only really had to buy like tools to do the work with and like the cat flap and some water proof sheet things so its not been to bad. We have got lots of wood to do the inside so think we'll be ok :) x

Day 2...

So today we managed to get quite a bit done and that's the outside all complete now :) Unfortunately they wont be getting out for another 2 weeks as the vet advised to wait til they have had their VHD jag as they got their myxi one today!

290720111339.jpg

And so the digging begins!!

290720111343.jpg

Making good progress

290720111344.jpg

Mesh down now to re-lay the grass

290720111342.jpg

Finishing touches to the run

290720111345.jpg

Run is in place

290720111350.jpg

Shelter in place

290720111347.jpg

Suzie's idea of helping :lol:

290720111352.jpg

JOB DONE :)

The outisde is now complete and it's time to tackle the inside of the shed! We have a two week time scale to get it done so lots of time to get it looking pretty!! xx

Looks fab Mandy :) You have both done really well.

I am so glad that the run is getting put to good use, looks much better there than sitting in my garage :) And, it looks much better all painted.

You have got the run in a good place, as the grass should never get soaking wet cos you have the wee drainage thing along the side of the shed :)

You using your lino from the room for the floor?

Looks fab Mandy :) You have both done really well.

I am so glad that the run is getting put to good use, looks much better there than sitting in my garage :) And, it looks much better all painted.

You have got the run in a good place, as the grass should never get soaking wet cos you have the wee drainage thing along the side of the shed :)

You using your lino from the room for the floor?

Aw thanks :) Yeah it looks brand spanking new with a lick of paint!

Yeah I'm hoping it'll be ok with the drain thing their and also the shelter will keep the rain off it to much.

No we bought a brand new bit and lee has laid it in the shed and it fits perfectly, was just a bit of cheap roll end from carpet right :)

Can't wait to get started inside now and get them out!!

MY gran was saying you guys are away tomorrow have a fab time and look forward to seeing lots of photo's of the animals :) x

Back