• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly & Molly had a massive fight

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
:(

Milly is the dominant one of the two. Tonight, I just stopped Milly from digging at the vetbed in their hutch and Molly flyed at her. I had to physically separate them with my arm to calm them down, and Molly was attacking my arm. I kept my arm next to her and gently pushed her into the corner to show her behaviour wasn't acceptable and to calm her down. This was fine for a minute or two and then Milly walked over to Molly, and another fight happened. This time, I grabbed Milly and held her for a while. Put her back in and Molly had another go, but gave up the fight sooner than before.

They were both really wide-eyed and really loudly breathing. I'm put them to bed for the night, but have just heard banging coming from the hutch. Do you think they'll be ok?

They have never fought like this before, they've had disagreements, sure, as every bunny pair does, but Milly is the dominant one so she starts and ends the fights. Its strange that Molly started this fight. Could it be because I was telling Milly off and so Molly saw the opportunity to attack her weakened friend?

are they in the hutch together? After a fight like that I wouldnt put them together unsupervised again for a day or 2. Is there anywhere you can have them inside with you so you can observe them?

One or both could get seriously hurt :cry:
(Thats just my opinion)

are they in the hutch together? After a fight like that I wouldnt put them together unsupervised again for a day or 2. Is there anywhere you can have them inside with you so you can observe them?

(Thats just my opinion)

I agree. after 2 of mine had a fight i had them in the house for a couple of weeks and i slept downstairs

My boys once had a fight, when the submissive one fought back and bit the dominant ones 'bits'. I seperated them for a while, then put them back together but in their indoor dog crate. They have been fine since. This was about 2 years ago. I kept a very close eye on them for a long time after the fight though.

(Thats just my opinion)

I completely agree. I would be terrified they would fight again.

Have you checked on them since you heard banging in the hutch?

I just know when mine fought they didnt get over it and took alot of observing (I couldnt leave them for days - i was even too scared to go to the loo sometimes) I had to split them in the end and start the bond from scratch. I hope it doesnt come to that with yours but I hate hearing of bunnies fighting as it can get very nasty :cry:

All sorted. Gone to check on them, and they are fine. Both ate pellets out of my hand and were sitting close together and nuzzling each other.

Goodness, you do panic don't you?! Separating for days? I'm sure its necessary in some cases, but I don't think it needs to be done for every case of fighting. Sometimes just leaving animals alone is the best thing to do.

And Jacks-Jane, Molly is being closely monitered by vets and I can ensure you that she's fine. You are not a vet. Please stop telling me to get medical help for her, she already has it. :)

All sorted. Gone to check on them, and they are fine. Both ate pellets out of my hand and were sitting close together and nuzzling each other.

Goodness, you do panic don't you?! Separating for days? I'm sure its necessary in some cases, but I don't think it needs to be done for every case of fighting. Sometimes just leaving animals alone is the best thing to do.

And Jacks-Jane, Molly is being closely monitered by vets and I can ensure you that she's fine. You are not a vet. Please stop telling me to get medical help for her, she already has it.
:)

:shock::shock: I dont see from Janes post were she is telling you to get medical help, Jane was only responding to your request for advice and asked if your rabbit with sore hocks was getting pain relief as unwell bunnies are one of the reason many bonded pairs end up with matrimonial disharmony.

And Jacks-Jane, Molly is being closely monitered by vets and I can ensure you that she's fine. You are not a vet. Please stop telling me to get medical help for her, she already has it. :)

I was concerned about your rabbits??? A thank you would have been nice, as I posted twice to try and help - why post a thread if you dont want it??
I dont think people said to seperate for days just to observe them and have them close so you can watch them. Ive seen some awful bunny injuries and I almost lost one of mine from stasis after a fight so was concerned for your buns.
I also think that is a very rude response to Jacks Jane.
I wish you and your bunnies lots of luck :wave:

Sometimes I wonder why you post the things you do and ask the questions that you do as you never actually seem to like the answers you are given?

Jane actually only said what I was going to say, Peanut once went for Jelly when his hocks were sore, just because he was grumpy, because he was in pain. its a potential reason, no need to get angry about it.

if you didnt agree with kath why not say
"it didnt seem as bad as some ive heard, i think id rather leave them together in case the bond broke" or "im not sure because......"

why snap at people when you have created a thread and asked questions?

Back