• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recently put down companion

joepatr

New Kit
Hello,

I have four rabbits, two boys (one neutered and one not) and two girls that live in separate runs but close by.

Sadly this afternoon I took one of my girls to the vet where she was put down, so one of the girls is now living on her own.

As much as I love her I'm not sure if it is right for her to live alone - she has always lived with the other female.

Can anyone please advise on what I should do -
1/ I am thinking of either having her spayed and the other male neutered (although I'm not sure if the neutered male will bond with her; he is a nasty piece of work and whilst he gets on with the boy he lives with when I paired him with the female before they had a fight and he bit her making her scream)
2/ or can anyone advise on a way I could perhaps list her for adoption to go and live/bond with another female?

Thanks

Back