• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

very tempted - **advice needed**

Just got back from a local petshop.They had a netherland x doe that had been returned because she had had babies and the owners decided to keep the babies and not her!!!And shes only just 6mths poor thing.

She seems lovely easy to handle and pick up and was a very good mum to her babies.The girl in the shop said she has had a fantastic temprement while she has been there..which seems pretty good considering shes been messed about so much.
Im very tempted to have her as a girlfriend for my neutered house bunny thumper.Hes 6mths and we have been looking for a friend from rescue shelters.What do you think? would this be a bad bunny choice?Are there maybe hidden problems that im not considering?Any thoughts?

Just got back from a local petshop.They had a netherland x doe that had been returned because she had had babies and the owners decided to keep the babies and not her!!!And shes only just 6mths poor thing.

She seems lovely easy to handle and pick up and was a very good mum to her babies.The girl in the shop said she has had a fantastic temprement while she has been there..which seems pretty good considering shes been messed about so much.
Im very tempted to have her as a girlfriend for my neutered house bunny thumper.Hes 6mths and we have been looking for a friend from rescue shelters.What do you think? would this be a bad bunny choice?Are there maybe hidden problems that im not considering?Any thoughts?

To me, it's a rescue bunny. It may not be from a rescue centre but she definatly needs rescueing. If you have the accomodation for her until you can get them two used to each other I would :) Just make sure you think about it and make sure you can afford it. I'm sure your Thumper would love a girlfriend :) Sad story :/ Can't believe they kept the babies but gave her back!

Can you not take a little look at her yourself and see????
I would get her.Shes in need.xx

Not that the age really matters but can she really only be 6 months old having had a litter and raised them for 8 weeks?

I would get her :) to me she's a rescue bunny like others have said. I also would just be sure you can deal with two buns. They tend to teach each other bad habits lol.

If you think you have the money and time then go for it but have a back up plan in case they don't bond :)

Be aware that she may be pregnant again. That may be why she was given back to the Petshop........................

Back