• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Windwhistle Warren fundraiser....

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Hi there, I know this thread seems rather premature, but the earlier folks know, hopefully more will be able come along. :D:D

For the past two years, I have been invited along to the open day at Pershore College. (Worcestershire) The college runs courses on many, many things of which animal welfare is one.

Their open day is a great day out for everyone !!!! I have run a stall raising funds for RWA and Windwhistle Warren. My stall consists of three tables, one which has loads of literature from RWA, one selling miscellaneous items, and the other a great game which my friend and I devised, and beautifully constructed by her father. It is called ' What's in the warren ?', and creates great interest and is brilliant for raising funds. :lol::lol:

The first year I attended it poured down with rain all day and was held indoors. Last year the weather was just perfect, so up went my gazebo, tables set out and had a fabulous day.

Well I have been asked to attend again this year...............yippee!!!
The date is 11th June. The college is on the B4084 between Evesham and Pershore.

Last year these following attractions were also there. I would think that it will be much the same this year, but will post further details nearer the time.

Plant and produce sales
Gardeners question time
RHS advice and membership
Floristry demonstrations
Garden design exhibitions
Classic cars
Dog agility
Animal workshops
Pets and exotic animals
Falconry displays
Countryside and conservation displays
Refreshments available. Homemade cakes, sandwiches, light lunches. :p
Craft stalls
Other animal charity stalls of which two are local ones. Canine Friends and Worcester Animal Shelter.

The entry fee is £5.00 per car or £2.00 per person.

The college has a block dedicated to the animals, including RABBITS, guinea pigs, mice, creepy crawlies, all of which can be visited.

The college is set in the beautiful Worcestershire countryside. Perfect.

If you manage to come along I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. That is unless the weather is appalling. Fingers, toes and paws crossed !!

I hope that many of you will be able to come along and help support Windwhistle Warren. Let's hope we can raise some funds for those needy furry friends.

Hopefully something to look forward to in these bleak times.:D:D:D

Last edited:
Back